Pagespeed Insights only detect 1 CSS render blocking

Pablo

May 17, 2018, 3:52:21 PM5/17/18
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi

I'm doing optimization tests with Google Pagespeed Insights, and I have 3 CSS resources in a test URL:

Pagespeed only alerts me to 1 resource by blocking the rendering of the page, why only one?

On other pages it detects more resources, example:

For what is this? Thanks in advance

Rick Steinwand

May 18, 2018, 12:10:37 PM5/18/18
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
"Blocking" means it's required to render the viewport (the visible portion of the top of the page)

Pablo

May 18, 2018, 3:42:38 PM5/18/18
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Excuse me, my english is not very good

I mean: I don´t understand why google page speed only detect 1 CSS resource render blocking in this page:

Really, in this test page I have 3 CSS resources:
<link rel="stylesheet" id="bootstrap" href="css/bootstrap.min.css" type="text/css" media="all"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" id="fontawesome" href="css/font-awesome.min.css" type="text/css" media="all"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" id="styles1" href="css/styles1.css" type="text/css" media="all"/>

But google only say me: You have 1 CSS render blocking. Only 1, the first one (bootstrap.min.css

In other page, http://www.cdrbeauty.com/, there are 4 CSS resources:
<link href="http://www.cdrbeauty.com/wp-content/themes/conectamedia/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all">
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans+Condensed:300,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

And in this case, Google say me: You have 4 resources render blocking... Why in the first case only detect one resource? What about the other two?

Ibrahim Tanyalcin

May 18, 2018, 4:14:53 PM5/18/18
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
The other 2 files only contain 3 media queries and a background change whereas the bootstrap is huge compared to them. It could be that a the download time is minute and does not trigger PSI, I might be completely wrong though.

Rick Steinwand

May 21, 2018, 8:09:49 AM5/21/18
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Maybe they only show the first one.

Maybe easier to work on inlining critical css instead of figuring out how PSI works?