Results are 31/100 in other speed tests I get 97

Kristin Vella

Jul 15, 2017, 3:45:26 AM7/15/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
I analyzed my site here and it gave me a score of 31/100 for non optimised images. My images are optimzed and are the smallest size they can be, its has marked other images of the same size as ok, but some are not  - I have no idea why or how to fix the error message.

I tested my site on 2 other speed test pages and got 97/100.

I dont understand where it is pulling its data / information from????

Rick Steinwand

Jul 24, 2017, 9:52:51 AM7/24/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
It has nothing to do with size. Google is checking to see if it can optimize your pictures more.

I had great luck with saving jpgs as progressive encoded and then I upload them (and my png's) to https://tinyjpg.com/

Carlos Lizaga Anadon

Jul 27, 2017, 3:00:29 PM7/27/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi,

Rick's advice is great. In the meantime, would you be able to share your site URL so we can check what is happening?

Best,
Carlos.

Kristin Vella

Jul 27, 2017, 11:44:54 PM7/27/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Thanks Rick, I had saved them all with compressjpeg.com before uploading them and also use wp smush. It was ok before, I was getting 87/100. Not sure whats happened.

Carlos, my url is www.redroseinvitations.com.au

Carlos Lizaga Anadon

Jul 28, 2017, 4:47:52 AM7/28/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi Kristin,

I'd give a try to https://tinyjpg.com/
Also, if you're using mac, a nice to have app is ImageOptim. If you're using windows Shrink O’Matic works fine too.

Best,

Douglas Hope

Jul 29, 2017, 8:02:58 AM7/29/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Compared to compression services such as Tinypng or Tinyjpg, ImageOptim for Mac performs poorly.

I've been obliged to replace all images optimized using ImageOptim.

Douglas