only 1 render-blocking resource when there're lots of them

Евгений Чекан

Jul 24, 2017, 8:07:01 AM7/24/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi everyone!

Recently I noticed that PageSpeed Insights started to show only one (first one in HTML?) render-blocking resource despite there's a whole lot of them on a page: jQuery + migrate + plugins, other styles.

Here's an example PageSpeed run:

And here's that page source, note a bunch of other styles and even jQuery a little further in document:

The problem is that you can't reliably optimize all the blocking things in this case, you have to iterate them one by one as PageSpeed will start complaining about next one in document once you eliminate initial one.

Same happens with PageSpeed API calls. And with other websites.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this a bug?

Carlos Lizaga Anadon

Jul 27, 2017, 3:11:09 PM7/27/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi Евгений,

Typically this should be a flag.
As soon as the tool detects that there's a resource blocking the initial render it's being noticed as is, without checking all the other render-blocking resources since it may lead to a massive analysis.
I am afraid that, for now, you will need to fix those one by one.

Best,
Carlos.