Server Side Tool

Andrea Vannucci

Jun 30, 2015, 3:58:03 PM6/30/15
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com, Samuel Nana-Sinkam
Hi Team,

If we install the page speed tools on our actual servers rather than using them in the browser, what options do we have to configure the data? Is there a google dashboard that become accessible? Would we be required to build our own method of interpreting the output from this module?

Also, has anyone worked with Akamai frontend optimization tools? If so, any learnings? We plan to target HTTP2 and rely on Akamai’s FEO framework to handle HTTP/1.1 browser traffic.

Thanks!
Andrea

ramon lima

Jul 6, 2015, 3:52:03 PM7/6/15
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com, snana...@google.com
I had experience with this product Page Speed on server mod_pagespeed in Apache. It's very nice at first, but can become buggy in the future, specially dealing with sessions and caching, you can have problems you didn't have before and start dealing with them, that was my experience 2 years ago.

Today I'm happy optimizing the code doing what needs to be done rather then using the plugin, it's a lot better to manage and don't have to deal with strange bugs.

Keep in mind if you put any plugin to handle your HTTP for optimization you'll have some type of problem when dealing with sessions and client-side caching one day or another.

Unless your product is all static you're fine.

Best Regards,

Rick Steinwand

Jul 7, 2015, 8:19:38 AM7/7/15
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com, snana...@google.com