Image optimization in the online store

Daria Gavrilova

Jul 21, 2017, 2:34:48 PM7/21/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hello! What kind of images should I upload to my online store so that Google don't ask me to optimize them? All pics in my store are optimized via services like optimizilla dot com, their weight is less then 100 kb, size 800x1200 max, we even tried to "save it for web" in photoshop - nothing works, Google still doesn't like our images and suggest to optimize them.
Kindly assist me with this issue (please don't suggest to download optimized pics from the page of the Pagespeed insights - they are of poor quality).

Peggy Hill

Jul 22, 2017, 7:23:46 PM7/22/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Do I go to my page to optimize it, if not where do I optimize it. This is very confusing I don't understand any of this stuff

Peggy Hill

Jul 22, 2017, 7:28:31 PM7/22/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Can I please get some one to talk to me this is a one sided decussion i am asking some very needed questions but no one is answering back Hello is anyone there

Salaba

Jul 23, 2017, 9:54:46 PM7/23/17
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Daria Gavrilova <dariagav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello! What kind of images should I upload to my online store so that Google don't ask me to optimize them? All pics in my store are optimized via services like optimizilla dot com, their weight is less then 100 kb, size 800x1200
The absolute size does not matter from PageSpeed Insights' view. It only looks at if there are any unnecessary bytes can be removed. So, if your image shows on the page as an 80 x 120 image, the 800x1200 size image is definitely not necessary.

max, we even tried to "save it for web" in photoshop - nothing works, Google still doesn't like our images and suggest to optimize them.
Kindly assist me with this issue (please don't suggest to download optimized pics from the page of the Pagespeed insights - they are of poor quality).

Salaba

Jul 23, 2017, 9:55:47 PM7/23/17
On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Peggy Hill <peggyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can I please get some one to talk to me this is a one sided decussion i am asking some very needed questions but no one is answering back Hello is anyone there

No one can answer you without knowing your problem.

Daria Gavrilova

Jul 24, 2017, 5:58:29 AM7/24/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hello.
Thanks for your comment. So there is no solution for this? I mean I can't upload small images as customer (we sell clothes) should be able to view the photo in details and he could do that only by "zooming" images.

Salaba

Jul 24, 2017, 8:52:23 AM7/24/17
On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Daria Gavrilova <dariagav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.
Thanks for your comment. So there is no solution for this? I mean I can't upload small images as customer (we sell clothes) should be able to view the photo in details and he could do that only by "zooming" images.

You can info the customer by adding "click for details", so that you can load the high resolution image after a click.

[...]

Carlos Lizaga Anadon

Jul 27, 2017, 3:04:17 PM7/27/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi Daria,

There's actually a workaround that should work.
You can load an image with the actual size of the image container as a thumbnail and on mouse hover load asynchronously with AJAX the image that should be rendered in the Zoom.

This way the initial document render will be fast yet you will be able to selectively load those images (with bigger resolution) that your customer put the mouse on hover.

Best,
Carlos.