Important updates: export to an image, to a spreadsheet and more!

Pablo Rey

Aug 7, 2013, 8:31:02 PM8/7/13
to page...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
There have been some important updates and bugs fixed lately in pageonex.com.

First, apologize if you tried to use the tool earlier this week, we had some problems with the server.

Second, we wanted to share with you an important feature that has been there for a while but maybe some people don't know about, how to export your data. I've explained it briefly in the wiki.

Export data to a spreadsheet (.ods format)

From the display view it is possible to export to a multiple spreadsheet .ods file. Each of the sheets in the exported document contains the coverage per day per topic per newspaper. The first column of every sheet is a number. If you format the cell to "date format" it will render the date in human readable format.

Export thread to an image

From the display view it is possible to export to a jpg file. First you have to select the numbers of pixels you want for the width of your final image. To start with, 1200px is a good size, so just type "1200" without the ". You have two options:

  • .jpg, downloads an image (it is crashing for big images, so better use the .zip option)
  • .zip, downloads a zip folder with many files: two images per topic (just the areas and the areas an the front pages) + the composite image + just the newspaper images without the highlighted areas.

Third: the bar chart shows now the correct grid line and sharper )and crisp) 1 pixels lines. Hope you enjoy it!

How to guide
I am planning to make a comprehensible How to PageOneX with all the new features, anyone wants to join the effort? maybe a screencast or a slide show. What would be more useful for you?

Ongoing research using PageOneX
Anyone wants to share your ongoing research with the tool? I've just opened a tumblr to show the day by day coding about corruption in Spain http://colorcorrupcion.tumblr.com/

best,
pablo rey mazón