PageKite and mosh

Lukáš Zapletal

Nov 27, 2013, 4:00:31 PM11/27/13
to pagekite...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

mosh is an excellent SSH replacement meant for performance and stability.

It is based on UDP with significant design changes over SSH. The initial handshake is done via SSH, then MOSH server is spawned on the server (UDP port can be set manually) and client connect there

Is there any chance to tunnel this? :-)

Thanks!

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson

Nov 27, 2013, 4:40:11 PM11/27/13
to pagekite...@googlegroups.com
No, I am afraid not.

Pagekite doesn't have any UDP support at all and UDP-based protocols
are generally not amenable to the way Pagekite works because each UDP
packet stands alone - Pagekite is designed to work with streams. Even
if we did somehow add UDP support, there would be a nontrivial risk of
one person getting someone else's traffic.

- Bjarni
> --

Bjarni R. Einarsson
Founder, lead developer of PageKite and Mailpile.

Make localhost servers visible to the world: https://pagekite.net/