Ownership of domain cannot be verified

Steve Hill

Apr 1, 2015, 3:50:02 PM4/1/15
to page-speed-se...@googlegroups.com
If you try to make changes to their site on our console and see the "Your ownership of this domain could not be verified." message:

Unfortunately the "Claim Ownership" button will send you to a link that may not work. You must verify your site via the "Domain name provider" method. If you verify via a different method, Webmaster Central will report the site is verified but our console will say it has not been. If you prefer you can also verify by going to this link, which only allows "working" verification:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/verification/verification?domain=YOURDOMAIN.COM

We are working to fix the "Claim Ownership" button to send you to the correct URL, but that may still take a little while.

For those of you that follow the forum, this is related to the "Backend Errors" a few people reported and which should now be completely fixed.