PageObject install isssue?

manasr...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2013, 12:03:00 PM6/3/13
to page-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Cheezy,

I need help with the install and setup of my test project:

Here is what I did:

I have installed ruby verison ruby-1.9.3-p429 in a folder like

C:\ruby193

After installing the ruby a ran the Devkit tool install as well.

Then from command line for folder c:\ruby193\bin\

I have run the following command as well:

gem install testgen

gem install bundler

Then  I created a project folder: C:\RubyTestProject

Then from command line folder for C:\RubyTestProject

I ran the following command as well:

testgen project  test_puppies –page_object-driver=water

bundle install

However, I do not see the page-object gem anywhere. Also gemfile.lock file is not found.

What did I do wrong?

How can I correct it?

Also if I need to add few more new gems like activerecord, nokogiri what should I need to run?

Thank you,

Manasri

mef

Jun 4, 2013, 1:48:23 AM6/4/13
to page-...@googlegroups.com
Manasri, hi.

Bundler creates some kind of virtual isolated environment for each project where you use it.

First you need to define what gems you want to use in your Gemfile, after that run 'bundle install' or 'bundle' inside the folder that contains Gemfile.
Bundler will resolve dependencies and create Gemfile.lock

What is the output of 'bundle install'?