How can i confirm that a pdf loaded correctly in a new tab?

Mike Rose

Jun 3, 2014, 11:50:18 AM6/3/14
to page-...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to test a link that is supposed to bring up a pdf in a new tab, but I cant figure out how to confirm this pdf loads correctly. There are no elements on the page to confirm, since its a pdf. I cant confirm the url, because the link I am clicking in the test is random, so I will never know what link it actually clicked on.

Is there a way to confirm a pdf loaded, or does anyone know a way I could confirm the link is doing what it is supposed to?

arjenru...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2014, 5:52:27 AM8/26/14
to page-...@googlegroups.com
Could you elaborate on what you mean with "the link I am clicking in the test is random", does it mean you're randomly clicking one of the links available on the page or does it mean the link is dynamically created?

If the first case is true (you're randomly clicking a link on the page) I'd say you should redefine your test to follow a strict route. For the latter case, I think the only option is to check the URL thus you would have to find something testable in the link/URL. Maybe the Link and URL have a specific attribute in common? Just throwing out ideas here..