populate_page_with slowness with IE

Anastasia Mladshova

Aug 12, 2013, 12:42:03 PM8/12/13
to page-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I started to use page-object cool features and like them very much, except I had to test also under IE and populate_page_with is too slow for it.
I guess it's because it is implemented using send keys.

Would it be possible to implement option for IE which will use 'set' method, which will post all value at once?

Appreciate your advice,
Anastasia

Message has been deleted

Anastasia Mladshova

Aug 12, 2013, 2:12:58 PM8/12/13
to page-...@googlegroups.com
Set method doesn't help, but it would be faster with the copy-past:

Clipboard.copy data_for(:some_page)['some_data']
browser.text_field(:id=>'some_field').send_keys([:control, 'v'])

Is it possible to integrate it to page-object gem (populate_page_with, TextField)?

Best Regards,
Anastasia