init() fails - can I ignore a package?

Gabi H

May 17, 2016, 4:32:46 AM5/17/16
to packrat-discuss
Hello,

I recently came across Packrat and since I'm no stranger to old code not working with new package set up I am very keen to use it.

Init() on a current project fails though, as one of the packages (glmmADMB) can't be retrieved. This package is no longer available for my current version of R and I am no longer using it. Is there a way for me to tell Pacrat to ignore it? It seems that it won't initialise otherwise.

Error I get:

Error: Unable to retrieve package records for the following packages:
- 'glmmADMB'
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  Package 'glmmADMB' not available in repository or locally
2: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  Failed to infer source for package 'glmmADMB'; using latest available version on CRAN instead

Kevin Ushey

May 18, 2016, 12:47:57 PM5/18/16
to Gabi H, packrat-discuss
Hi Gabi,

You can set a packrat project option to handle this:

    packrat::opts$ignored.packages("glmmADMB")

After this, calls to 'snapshot()' should ignore this package.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Kevin