Another problem?

Joseph Flanagan

Mar 10, 2016, 9:08:12 AM3/10/16
to packrat-discuss
I'm not sure if something is wrong with me or there is a bug. Now, whenever I write
`packrat::status()`, I'm getting the following error:

Error in yaml::yaml.load(yaml, handlers = knit_params_handlers(evaluate = evaluate)) :
  Scanner error: while scanning a simple key at line 7, column 1could not find expected ':' at line 8, column 1

This also occurs if I try `packrat::snapshot()`, which is much more of a problem than not being about to get a status.

This looks like a knitr error to me, but I'm really not sure what is causing it, since knitr is installed (and I am able to knit a document, both on the original machine and on others that only have the required packages in the packrat library.

Kevin Ushey

Mar 10, 2016, 12:21:28 PM3/10/16
to Joseph Flanagan, packrat-discuss
This looks like it could be an error caused when packrat does
dependency discovery -- can you reproduce the error if you run:

packrat:::appDependencies()

within your project?

Perhaps you have an R Markdown file with a malformed YAML header?

Thanks,
Kevin

Joseph Flanagan

Mar 10, 2016, 1:29:19 PM3/10/16
to packrat-discuss, jflan...@gmail.com
Thanks, It was precisely a problem with a YAML header on an R Markdown file.