Error in deserializePackages(utils::tail(df, -1)) :

Andy Shapiro

Jul 21, 2017, 10:22:23 AM7/21/17
to packrat-discuss
I'm working with a collaborator and we're using the same codebase in github, and we're saving the packrat lockfile. When I pull the latest code I get this error:

> packrat::on()
Packrat mode on. Using library in directory:
- "~/dev/shiny_neurotox/packrat/lib"
Error in deserializePackages(utils::tail(df, -1)) :

The following dependencies are missing lockfile entries: semver, NMF, registry

I can install the packages but they're not added to packrat.  How can I get packrat back to a usable state?

Kevin Ushey

Jul 21, 2017, 12:23:24 PM7/21/17
to Andy Shapiro, packrat-discuss
Hi Andy,

After installing those packages, you could try re-snapshotting to ensure those packages are added back to the lockfile. Does that help here? E.g.

packrat::on(auto.snapshot = FALSE)
install.packages(c("emver", "NMF", "registry"))
packrat::snapshot()

I'm curious as to how you ended up with a lockfile missing dependent packages in the first place, however.

Let me know if this helps,
Kevin

Vlad

Oct 29, 2018, 5:25:52 AM10/29/18
to packrat-discuss
Hi Kevin,

I ended up with the same situation with different packages (dbplyr and fansi). AFAIK nothing in packrat files was changed manually.
Your solution didn't work for me:
I was unable to install the packages as the same error appeared:
Error in deserializePackages(utils::tail(df, -1)) :
  The following dependencies are missing lockfile entries: fansi, dbplyr
Calls: source ... afterPackratModeOn -> lockInfo -> readLockFile -> deserializePackages
Execution halted
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘fansi’ had non-zero exit status
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to packrat-discu...@googlegroups.com.