Unable to retrieve package record for package "..1"

jphs

May 4, 2017, 11:25:58 AM5/4/17
to packrat-discuss
Hello,

I am quite lost with this packrat error:

> packrat::snapshot()
Error: Unable to retrieve package records for the following packages:
- "..1"
In addition: Warning message:
In FUN(X[[i]], ...) : Package '..1' not available in repository or locally

I have no idea where the reference for this package is coming from and it is preventing me from using packrat completely.
My project's code has no string "..1" anywhere.

I'd be grateful if anyone has an idea how to tackle this.
Thank you very much in advance,

jphs

Kevin Ushey

May 4, 2017, 12:38:55 PM5/4/17
to jphs, packrat-discuss
What is the output of `packrat:::appDependencies()` in your project? Do you see something called `..1` printed there?

As a stopgap fix you should be able to set this as an ignored 'package', e.g.

packrat::opts$ignored.packages("..1")

Best,
Kevin

jphs

May 4, 2017, 12:44:28 PM5/4/17
to packrat-discuss, joschni...@gmail.com
Thanks!
I actually found the issue: My code is doing some magic to create a proxy function for "library", so I have the snippet "library(...)" in one line and commenting it out lets packrat::snapshot() run through seamlessly. I guess packrat interprets the ellipsis as a library "..1".

Good tip with the ignored.packages workaround. That sounds exactly like what I need.

Regards!