Has anyone successfully deployed OZP to other than localhost?

lind...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 7:30:06 PM8/3/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Hi -

We have been working with Ross to deploy ozp using the ozp-ansible scripts on centos.

We have successfully installed to localhost.    We are having issues installing to a live/networked box where OZP is available to anyone with a browser.

We have a very experienced ansible person on our team.  He found the following when we tried to run the playbook with hosts staging:

He found that the urls for localhost and even many of the ports are still hardcoded into most of the configurations.  There are variables present in the ozp-ansible directory that can be set to change localhost to a hostname and ports like 8081 to 8082, but these variables have not been fully implemented.  After testing with updated variable files many of the calls still looked at localhost, and it was later discovered that port 8081 is blatantly hardcoded into the file that is copied without, variable evaluation, to make the gunicorn_demoauth init script.

I am wondering if anyone else out here as has anyone successfully deployed OZP to other than localhost?

Thanks,

Linda Rae

Wagner, Jason

Aug 5, 2016, 10:40:41 AM8/5/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Linda,

Tensor Wrench is piloting Ozone Platform as a service for cybersecurity analysts and have it running on the open internet.  We've found that the OZP seems solid, though very tailored toward deployment in the AML environment.  We quickly abandoned the Ansible scripts, since they are not very general-purpose.

Jason Wagner    --    @nialscorva

lind...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2016, 12:35:28 PM8/8/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Thank you so much for the reply.

We were able get the ansible scripts to work, but only because we have an experienced ansible person on our project.

Out of curiosity, if you abandoned the ansible, how did you get this to deploy?

Wagner, Jason

Aug 17, 2016, 8:25:49 AM8/17/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
We wrapped it in Docker containers and modified all of the configuration files to use environment variables.

Jason Wagner    --    @nialscorva