OWF SSO and widgets

Jim Pickering

Aug 30, 2017, 12:49:56 PM8/30/17
to ozoneplatform-users
We created a new SAML security context to login to OWF and want to use it to login to our widget. We thought we could use the JSESSIONID cookie as an index with a distributed storage scheme. Our SAML Spring security provider does this nicely. Of course we cannot share the JSESSIONID cookie with the widget in the iframe. We thought we could add it to the iframe src URL via the eventing/Container.js or the owf-server.js. Unfortunately the JavaScript does not affect the iframe src URL at run time. Is there anyway to modify the widgets iframe URL to add the JSESSIONID cookie?

Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.

Jim

kdrumm...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2017, 11:55:53 AM8/31/17
to ozoneplatform-users
Hi Jim,

We don't recommend adding the JSESSIONID cookie to the iframe url.  Are you using the OWF Security plugin to get your SAML security context?  We have a CAS example of the security plugin that implements SSO that would be good to follow as an example of how to work through it.  Have you looked through that?

Thanks,
Kyle

jpicke...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017, 6:17:19 PM12/15/17