OZP with ALL Components Operational Using the Vagrant Scripts, Has Anyone Had Successful Deployment?

Tiffany Reid

Dec 18, 2015, 1:43:48 PM12/18/15
to ozoneplatform-users
Curious if any 3rd party (outside of the OZP developers) has had a successful deployment of OZPs development VM via the Vagrant script?  If so please cite date (so I can pull those commits from GitHub) and whether it was Centos6.6 or Ubuntu14.4 Vagrant script.  Also please cite your host environment as well. Thanks in advance!!  Hey if you even stood up the "new-backend", please share.  As of today's date and time: 12/18/2015 @ 1:41PM EST, I have yet to have a successful deployment.  Take a look at my previous post outlining ALL that I have tried thus far.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ozoneplatform-users/9NDXL_qqXck

https://github.com/ozone-development/dev-tools/issues/12

OZP Dev

Jan 7, 2016, 11:47:10 AM1/7/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Vagrant Issues/Updates
the gvm tool no longer exist and has been replaced with sdkman.  This was causing Groovy and Grails to fail when installing. The end result of the vagrant script was an OZP front end with no backend. Updates to the vagrant script have been posted to GitHub.

Updates to initial_provisioning.sh
curl -s get.sdkman.io | bash
source "$HOME/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh"
sdk install groovy
sdk install grails 2.3.7

updates to build.sh
source $HOME/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh
sdk use grails 2.3.7
sdk current grails

Steps to use updated vagrant script:
pull the latest updates on the dev-tools git repo
vagrant halt
vagrant destroy
vagrant up

Steps get vagrant box working use via vagrant ssh
vagrant ssh
curl -s get.sdkman.io | bash
source "$HOME/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh"
sdk install groovy
sdk install grails 2.3.7

grails war`
sudo mv marketplace.war /usr/share/tomcat/webapps
sudo tomcat service stop
sudo tomcat service start

jeffrey...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2016, 10:02:50 AM1/8/16
to ozoneplatform-users
I have gotten the CentOS Vagrant running as of 7 Jan 2016. I am using Vagrant v1.8.1 on Debian 8 "jessie".

OZP Dev

Jan 29, 2016, 11:28:05 AM1/29/16
to ozoneplatform-users, jeffrey...@gmail.com
The OZP ansible/vagrant scripts with the Python/DRF backend are now available. The OZP Development team has successfully walk through the instructions on the wiki below and are interested in any community feedback as far as successes, failures, and potential improvement.