differences between intents and launchers

rabia irem uçar

Jul 31, 2017, 3:32:55 AM7/31/17
to ozoneplatform-users
 I am new on ozone and ı start to study API's from widget developer guide , but ı can not understand the differences between launchers and intents. Is both send data to another widget ?Is there anything different from intents ?

kdrumm...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2017, 7:19:13 AM8/1/17
to ozoneplatform-users
Widget Launchers' description can be found in Chapter 7 of the OWF Developers Guide.  Launchers launch specific app components that the developer calls out.  On the other hand, Intents (found in chapter 12 of the OWF Developers Guide), are more generic and don't call out of a specific app component.  Instead, they give a data type.  If the OWF instance has multiple app components which know how to receive that data, the user will be able to choose which app component they would like to have opened.

rabia irem uçar

Aug 1, 2017, 8:15:27 AM8/1/17
to ozoneplatform-users
I have looked them thank you , I understood from them and your explanation that is launch is for sending data and opening another app component ? And intent for sending data and what(?) I dont get intents ?

rabia irem uçar

Aug 1, 2017, 8:15:53 AM8/1/17
to ozoneplatform-users
Also thank you for your reply , I am glad of that so much