Basic development install without Vagrant

Anthony Baillot

Jul 13, 2016, 8:32:02 AM7/13/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Hi, I'm trying to install the ozone-ansible deployment on to a Centos 6.7 box on Azure (a single server deployment). To do this I clone the ozone-ansible repo, run:

mv group_vars/all/vault_unencrypted.yml group_vars/all/vault.yml

Then I copy the hosts_vagrant file to hosts_azure, and update the contents as follows:

site_fqdn=<azureip>

db_fqdn=localhost

auth_fqdn=localhost

image_fqdn=localhost

api_fqdn=localhost

frontend_fqdn=localhost

[ozpdev]

<azureip>

I then run the following command:

ansible-playbook site.yml -i ./hosts_azure -u <my_username> -k --ask-become-pass

The install seems to go OK, but when I try the deployment out I find that:

1. The connection to port 4440 (site port) is refused.

2. When I connect to nginx directly through port 4444 (frontend port), then:

(a) I'm not challenged to authenticate (I wasn't expecting this since group_vars/all/all.yml has pki_login set to false)

(b) The /center page just displayed an error with no error code

(c) The /hud and other pages just display a loading animated gif, but never actually load.

I'm installing from OSX using Ansible 2.1.0.0.

It's probably something really simple I'm doing wrong (I'm new to Ansible and OZP), so hope you can help. A sample Ansible hosts file to do something similar would be a great help also.

Thanks

Anthony Baillot

Jul 14, 2016, 3:21:28 AM7/14/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Hello again, so after a few iterations I managed to get a single server deployment of the development system without Vagrant working in the end. For anyone else that needs to do it, here is how:

1) Run the following command from your ozp-ansible directory:

mv group_vars/all/vault_unencrypted.yml group_vars/all/vault.yml

2) You need to create an Ansible hosts file similar to the following (subsitute <yourserverip> with the IP of the target server):

site_fqdn=<yourserverip>

db_fqdn=localhost

auth_fqdn=localhost

image_fqdn=localhost

api_fqdn=localhost

frontend_fqdn=localhost

[ozpdev]

<yourserverip>

[staticserver]

<yourserverip>

3) Modify the provision.yml file by uncommenting the line giving the server the 'haproxy' role i.e.

---
- hosts: all
  vars_files:
    - group_vars/all/all.yml
    - group_vars/all/vault.yml

  roles:
    - common
    - offline
    - ssl_certs
    - nginx
    - python_3
    - node
    - postgres_build
    - postgres_run
    - images
    # TODO: add this
    - haproxy

4) Run ansible-playbook from the cloned ozp-ansible directory with the following command, referencing your hosts file:

ansible-playbook site.yml -i ./hosts_xyz -u <my_username> -k --ask-become-pass

You should now have a OZP deployment directly deployed to your server that looks the same as the usual development Vagrant setup.

Cheers.

Anthony Baillot

Jul 14, 2016, 3:23:22 AM7/14/16
to ozoneplatform-users
By the way, I was deploying to a Centos 6.7 VM on Azure...

Wagner, Jason

Jul 15, 2016, 8:06:16 AM7/15/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you got it working, and thanks for the write up.

One thing to note that if you are developing IWC applications, you can run it out of the ozp-iwc code with no backend using "grunt connect-all" and connecting to localhost:13000, though you might have to disable mixed-content blocking.  The data used by the bus is in data-schemas/mockdata, if I recall correctly.