Is it possible to auto-login?

kth...@vt.edu

Jan 31, 2017, 5:31:08 PM1/31/17
to ozoneplatform-users
Hi,

I'm configuring OWF and I want to make it so I don't need to login at all and that it just auto-logins as a specific user each time when connecting to the server.
Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

kdrumm...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2017, 8:29:13 AM2/1/17
to ozoneplatform-users, kth...@vt.edu
Yes, there are a couple ways to do this.  OWF uses Spring Security for its authentication so its is very customizable.  I don't believe Spring Security has the functionality you want out of the box.
First, The easiest way is to just add one of our certs to your browser so that the x509 authentication always authenticates you.  However, this doesn't sound like it is exactly what you are looking for.

To actually have it log in as a user every time anyone logs in, you're going to need to write custom pieces for the security code.  Specifically, one way to do this is to add a new preauthenication filter.  You can look at the source code for RequestHeaderAuthenticationFilter for a sample.  Keep in mind this is not secure and we do not recommend this type of setup in a production environment.

Documentation: http://docs.spring.io/spring-security/site/docs/3.2.10.RELEASE/reference/htmlsingle/html5/
Javadocs: http://docs.spring.io/spring-security/site/docs/3.2.10.RELEASE/apidocs/
Pre-authentication source code: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/tree/master/web/src/main/java/org/springframework/security/web/authentication/preauth

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Kyle

François St-Arnaud

Feb 1, 2017, 4:20:25 PM2/1/17
to ozoneplatform-users, kth...@vt.edu
We use OWF in a Windows intranet environment with a Active Directory Domain Controller and use Waffle to allow for auto-login using Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) with Windows-native Kerberos.
See: