Automatic registering of users to groups failing in OWF 7.17

mellowT

Feb 1, 2016, 5:41:44 PM2/1/16
to ozoneplatform-users
I am trying to upgrade our OWF 7.0.1 instance in JBoss to OWF 7.17.0.  Everything appears to be working fine except when I log in to Ozone I get this error message in the log, which is preventing my user from being registered with the XXX, YYY, and ZZZ groups, which are created automatically via the users.properties file.  Subsequently, my user has no app component mappings:

2016-02-01 21:46:04,273 INFO  [ozone.securitysample.authentication.basic.MyDetailsService] (http-/0.0.0.0:8443-1) successfully logged in user [First.User.9000080951], authorities [ROLE_ADMIN,ROLE_USER], groups [XXX,YYY,ZZZ]
2016-02-01 21:46:05,695 WARN  [grails.app.filters.ozone.owf.grails.filters.SecurityFilters] (http-/0.0.0.0:8443-1) failed to update groups for user First.User.9000080951 in database, message: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: application for class: grails.util.Holders

Though I am nowhere near proficient in grails, it appears that line 210 of SecurityFilters.groovy is failing:

            def hSession = AH.application.mainContext.sessionFactory.getCurrentSession()

where AH is defined as this at the top:

import grails.util.Holders as AH

Can you please tell me which groovy configuration file would be the culprit?  I'm using JBoss EAP 6.4 (configured according to the JBoss configuration wiki) and have a customized OWF security module.

Thanks,
Tom

Ross Pokorny

Feb 2, 2016, 7:58:13 AM2/2/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Tom

I am able to reproduce this issue in the OWF Tomcat bundle as well. I don't
actually see the log, but I see the affects of the issue. I will enter a bug
ticket.

Ross Pokorny
> <https://github.com/ozoneplatform/owf-framework/wiki/Running-OWF-in-JBoss>)

Ross Pokorny

Feb 2, 2016, 8:21:30 AM2/2/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
I have created the following bug ticket for this issue:

https://github.com/ozoneplatform/owf-framework/issues/73

Ross Pokorny

mellowT

Feb 2, 2016, 9:29:19 PM2/2/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Thanks, Ross, for the rapid response and for verifying that this is a major bug in the standard GA install.  I wonder how long it will take to see a fix.  Our customer has an urgent operational need for us to upgrade to OWF 7.17 due to Oracle no longer supporting Java 7 and the IA concerns that follow.  Please let me know as soon as you can.

Tom

mellowT

Feb 17, 2016, 3:28:35 PM2/17/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Thank you for fixing this issue, Ross, and closing the bug ticket.  I have downloaded the updated source, rebuilt the owf.war, and tested it.  It seems to be working.

However, my chief engineer would like to know when the fix will be incorporated into the next official GA release (7.17.1).  We would like one before March 1 if possible.  Again, this is to satisfy our government customer's IA concerns for a system that is about to go operational.

Tom