localization

kevin...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 3:07:44 PM5/1/14
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting localization to work with owf.  I can only make it work in CAS authentication.

1.  Setting the "messageSource" bean(ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource) can only be done from my securitycontext.xml file.  If I try it from applicationContext.xml, it doesn't work
2.  I can't set the defaultLocale.  I tried the following in my dispatcher-servlet.xml:
<bean id="localeResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.CookieLocaleResolver">
<property name="defaultLocale" value="fr" />
</bean>

But I can see it work if i modify cas-servlet.xml

3.  I can't get the localeChangeInterceptor to work.  I tried the following in my dispatcher-servlet.xml:
<bean id="localeChangeInterceptor"
    class="org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.LocaleChangeInterceptor">
    <property name="paramName" value="lang" />
</bean>

Am I not building it properly or missing some configuration?

Tina Coleman

May 1, 2014, 3:17:09 PM5/1/14
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com

Localization support was dropped from OWF many releases ago, based on a perceived lack of use, and even then was provided through an application toggle within OWF itself, rather than from watching the browser environment.  The support you see in CAS is from the jasig underlying CAS application, and is not something the OWF platform itself provides or tests.

Tina Coleman

NEXTCENTURYCORPORATION
7075 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 250 | Columbia, MD 21046
m 443.545.3100 | f 443.285.0799 |www.nextcentury.com

Kevin Wong

May 1, 2014, 3:18:54 PM5/1/14
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for this.  I didn't know it was dropped since I thought it was apart of the underlying spring framework

kevin...@gmail.com

May 2, 2014, 3:17:06 PM5/2/14
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
In that case, would it be possible to push a "locale" parameter through the login form and have it accessible afterwards?

Tina Coleman

May 2, 2014, 3:26:25 PM5/2/14
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com

The better technology approach is to handle it via the same Spring filter, and pull it through, rather than relying on a login form that may or may not be applied in all system deployments.  The challenge in including it isn’t in making the setting available, it’s in appropriately handling it within the application, and then further providing it to widgets.

It was originally dropped more so for the cost to verify/validate that all strings were (1) only being pulled from resource files, and that (2) all language file variants remained in synch.  Definitely a doable thing, but does consume time and energy to both set it up, and then make sure it stays correct.

Kevin Wong

May 2, 2014, 4:46:29 PM5/2/14
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again for the reply.  Does this mean I can't do this with what is provided in the the OWF bundle?

Mario Savard

Sep 26, 2016, 5:02:10 PM9/26/16
to ozoneplatform-users, kevin...@gmail.com

Hello,
        Can someone confirm this question (see above) ? We are trying to see if we could translate OWF but it seems it is not possible using the OOTB OWF. We are using OWF 7.17

Mario

Ross Pokorny

Oct 3, 2016, 7:51:04 AM10/3/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
That is correct, OWF still does not have localization support. The only way
to change the language of the application would be to fork the code and modify
all strings of text that appear in the UI.

Ross Pokorny