Auto Launch a widget

hoanht...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2016, 2:06:40 AM1/3/16
to ozoneplatform-users
i have a widget that I created and i want it to auto launch when the user brings up OWF 7.16.  I know that if I launch the widget once, then OWF will always start the widget for me every time I log into OWF.  But my situation is different, I created a background widget that is accessible to everyone, so when a new user first logs into OWF, I want this background widget to auto start without having the user to manually starts it.   Has anyone done this sort of things before?

mellowT

Jan 4, 2016, 8:36:02 PM1/4/16
to ozoneplatform-users, hoanht...@gmail.com
Hoanh,

On my program we have a similar need.  Once the background widget is launched the first time for a user, the dashboard will save it in an invisible, open state.  The trick is how to get it to launch automatically the first time.

The solution I came up with is to add a OWF.Launcher.launch command to the base class that all widgets inherit from, and set the launchOnlyIfClosed: true option.  That way any widget the user opens will attempt to launch the background widget, and if it's already open and ready, the command is a no-op.

Tom

hoanht...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2016, 12:59:52 AM1/5/16
to ozoneplatform-users, hoanht...@gmail.com
Thank you Tom, your solution is almost what I need, except I can't rely on the user to start another widget in order to kick off my "auto start" widget.  I'm thinking I have to modify ozone source code to achieve this.

Pratt, Jerald R (IS)

Jan 5, 2016, 9:07:41 AM1/5/16
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com

Another way is to create a default dashboard for your users to use and add your background widget to that dashboard.  You can assign that dashboard to your users or to a group they all belong to.  This was the method we used for OWF 7.0.  I’m still looking into how to do the same for OWF 7.3 and the application (new term for dashboard).

Jerald

hoanht...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2016, 1:25:49 AM1/7/16
to ozoneplatform-users
Thank you for your input Jerald.  Yes pre-7.x, this can be done in dashboard, but with the new concept of App and App Components, I have not been able to figure out how to do this behavior.  Let me know if you make any progress.  Currently I'm looking into modifying the owf source code, but it's kind of tricky, but still looking...

Michael Parizer

Jan 7, 2016, 7:20:57 AM1/7/16
to ozoneplatform-users, hoanht...@gmail.com
1) Create an app with a page (equivalent to a dashboard) with the widget that you want.
2) Open the My Apps click on the i icon in the lower right corner and select share
3) Go to the Apps Manager under Administration
4) From there you should be able to assign the app to users or groups.