App Components vs Web App

Pratt, Jerald R (IS)

Nov 18, 2015, 3:17:31 PM11/18/15
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com

I’m running OWF/OMP 7.3.0.  I understand that “App Component”s are now what was previously referred to as widgets.  But what are “Web App”s and how are they different?  How are “Web Apps” handled w/in OWF/OMP?

Jerald

Michael Parizer

Nov 18, 2015, 3:26:21 PM11/18/15
to ozoneplatform-users
Jerald,

Web Apps are essentially web pages.  When these are added to OWF a new App is created that will be a full pane dashboard that will show the web page. There is also a flag in OMP that will allow you to open a Web App in a new browser tab; however I am not sure if that flag was added in 7.3 or a later version.

You are correct about App Components they are the same thing as a widget.

Mike Parizer
OWF Support