Questions regarding OWF 7.17

mellowT

Dec 14, 2015, 2:56:35 PM12/14/15
to ozoneplatform-users
I have several questions regarding the latest release of OWF:

-- I see a "7.17.0 GA" release was published on the GitHub OWF releases page over 3 weeks ago, but the main legacy page still points to a 7.16.1 download.  When will this be corrected?  Is 7.17 in fact an officially blessed operational release or is it awaiting something more?

-- Where can I find all the release notes documenting what fixes were made between 7.0.1 and 7.17?

-- Where can I find the full set of configuration, system administration, and user documentation for 7.17 as 7.0.1 had in PDF format?

-- We would like to upgrade to 7.17 once it becomes officially blessed.  We understand it fixes the Java 7 obsolescence problem, but does it also fix the IE 11 problems?  Our government customer has required us to upgrade both COTS packages as a high-priority security measure.

Tom

Michael Parizer

Dec 15, 2015, 10:12:08 AM12/15/15
to ozoneplatform-users
The legacy page not being changed was an oversight, I will attempt to contact individuals that administer the page to have this updated. 7.17.0 was officially released.

Documentation for the 7.17.0 can be found at https://github.com/ozoneplatform/owf-omp-docs.

IE11 is not officially supported however testing was done against the browser and only minor cosmetic issues were found at the time of the testing.

Mike

Tom Hirsch

Dec 15, 2015, 10:27:55 AM12/15/15
to ozoneplat...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Mike.  That is good news.  I will attempt an upgrade this week.

The IE 11 problems in OWF 7.0.1 were substantial, including a non-functional help window and all widget title bars not displaying properly in Desktop mode.  I was able to correct these issues by adding a meta tag in the main ozone GSP file bumping the page down to IE 10 standards.  Our customer would rather us not run in compatibility mode if we can help it.

Tom

Michael Parizer

Dec 16, 2015, 8:01:18 AM12/16/15
to ozoneplatform-users
Tom,

I am not sure what the exact nature of the problems were as I did not work on 7.0.1. There are still a few issues with IE11 that were not prioritized as we were not officially testing against IE11.

Concerning the Help window it will display PDFs but article names do not appear.

Widget toolbars will sometimes show a wrench instead of the normal chrome buttons (maximize, restore, close, etc.) however if you hit the wrench those buttons do appear.

Please any issues you find enter as issues in GitHub.

Mike
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ozoneplatform-users+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Michael Parizer

Dec 16, 2015, 8:23:38 AM12/16/15