OWF Deployed to WebLogic Produces Error When Context Root Contains Underscore

Beth Wheeling

Jan 8, 2015, 12:59:01 PM1/8/15
to ozonepla...@googlegroups.com
I have deployed OWF version 7 to a WebLogic server.  The OWF login appears to work, but then goes to a blank page and an error is displayed.  The error:  "Error setting session data".  The error appears to be related to the WebLogic Context Root name containing an underscore.  When the context root does not contain an underscore, the login processes successfully.

I am trying to fix the issue in the OWF javascript, however I am not having any luck.  Has anyone else run into this issue with WebLogic?  If so, how did you fix?

Thanks,
Beth

Tina Coleman

Jan 8, 2015, 11:53:53 PM1/8/15
to ozonepla...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps influenced by the late hour, a Groucho Marx bit comes to mind:

I said:     "Doctor, it hurts when I do that.:"  (patient moves his arm)
Doctor:  "Then don't do that."

If you have to have the underscore in your context: the message being returned is associated with the settingSessionDataMsg, which is only returned in one place in the app - out of index.gsp as part of an xhr post to SessionServlet, to set up, well, an attribute associated with the session. Nothing in there looks suspicious - see https://github.com/ozoneplatform/owf/blob/ea1d4500f72b393ba2eab725de1d57cfee92e779/src/java/ozone/owf/filter/servlet/SessionServlet.java.

I'd try setting a breakpoint in the javascript for index.gsp to see what actually gets returned in the error which is getting masked by the 'Error setting session data' message.

One more thought: that path is only getting triggered if showAccessAlert is on... if you don't need one, turn it off.  That's configurable in OwfConfig.groovy.

Tina Coleman

NEXTCENTURYCORPORATION
7075 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 250 | Columbia, MD 21046
m 443.545.3100 | f 443.285.0799 |www.nextcentury.com

Beth Wheeling

Jan 9, 2015, 7:08:41 AM1/9/15
to ozonepla...@googlegroups.com
Tina,

Thanks for all the information.  Do you know where I can find the OwfConfig.groovy file in the OWF directory structure?

Beth

Tina Coleman