OWF 6.0.2 and 7.0.1 released

Neil Castine

Dec 30, 2013, 12:08:10 PM12/30/13
to ozoneplatfo...@googlegroups.com
During a recent exchange with Sencha, it was discovered that the commercial license files for Ext JS had been unintentionally included in the open-source OWF release. In response, we have updated the OWF and Metrics repos to use the GPL version of Ext JS, as originally intended per our copyright notice. (Also note that a list of 3rd party packages, and their associated licenses, may be found in the root of the source code.)

Updated versions of the
 OWF 6 and 7 bundles are available at https://owfgoss.org/download.html. A new Metrics 6 bundle is not included on the site since Metrics 7.0.1 is compatible with OWF 6 and 7In addition to the Ext JS license change, OWF 7.0.1 includes some critical fixes that were added after the 7.0 release. For more information, see the OWF release notes.

We encourage maintainers of OWF
forks to ensure they are in compliance with the licensing requirements of our software and its included dependencies. More information about Ext JS licensing options can be found at http://www.sencha.com/license. Note that the Ext JS library is located under web-app/js-lib/ext-4.0.7 in the OWF source tree. Said library may be swapped out for its alternately licensed counterpart (of the same version) if required.

Neil Castine
OZONE Project