Alpha release 5 of new OWF8 available

Rob Antonucci

Apr 2, 2013, 4:40:36 PM4/2/13
to ozoneplatfo...@googlegroups.com

OWF has finished its third month of a 6 month refactoring effort.  We plan to put out alpha releases every two weeks.

We’ve completed our sixth sprint.  Source code is available via GitHub or a distribution bundle is available via a link on the Platform page at https://www.owfgoss.org/platform.html.   The new product is starting to look like a recognizable, usable OWF.

In this release we added the following features:

·         Full dashboard control including ability to create, edit, restore, and reorder dashboards.

·         Ability to place widgets in a dashboard

This alpha release does have a glitch with securing Ajax calls.  If you are using username and password to authenticate, then depending on your browser you may need to explicitly point your browser at  one of our REST URLs.  Otherwise Ajax calls may silently fail or pop-up annoying dialogs.  See the README.md for detailed instructions.

Robert Antonucci

Ozone Widget Framework