The strange find of another Strong keen on ancient things (interpreting Carnac)

john...@ozemail.com.au

Jan 30, 2015, 10:04:01 PM1/30/15
to Ozarch

Hello folks,

Today I came upon a strange find .. but then it got stranger and stranger as one strange find immediately lead to another.

At first I rambled upon the fact that someone seems to have interpreted Carnac (said to be the world's biggest group of megalithic stone lines) as an ancient seismograph.

Now I have not read this yet --- remember I only found this today, about an hour ago, and I also am going out, so cannot possibly read the details until probably tomorrow at the earliest.

At first I just thought - Sounds like something Eric von Daniken could have written, but no - I then found it was written by a Strong.

By R. STRONG!

So that's the "strange idea" that I think someone has probably put forth - That Carnac, the world's biggest concentration of stone lines, is an "ancient seismograph".

Had anyone here ever heard of that before, please?

I suspect this might be based on similar strikes of stone lines and fault lines?

It seems that various suggestions have been made linking the megalithic structures of Carnac with seismic activity, electric, magnetic and gravitation "anomalies" ... all that sort of thing.

Sounds like typical paranormal stuff I was thinking, but might this STRONG be a professional archaeologist I soon was wondering.

Here is the reference:

Strong, R., 2001.  Carnac, stones for the living: a megalithic seismograph? – NEARA Journal, 35 (20), page 5.

It gets ... errrrr .... MORE interesting !!

For who is "R" Strong other than .. wait for it .... a ROSLYN Strong.

Roslyn, Rosslyn, hmmmm that sounds mighty familiar doesn't it?

Well because of the "the Ros/Ross stones".

I presume that everyone by now has seen the so-far-inexplicable Ross-1 and Ross-2 stones.

Our local Strongs have called Ross-1 "the stone that changed world history".

Where Roslyn published in, the NEARA Journal, is the New England Antiquities Research Association

Here it is listed, "Roslyn Strong ~ Carnac, Stones For The Living: A Megalithic Seismograph?" = http://www.neara.org/index.php/how-menu/neara-publications-menu

I have not yet actually read anything she has written ... later, tonight or tomorrow I hope, seeing that I have to go out this afternoon.

But on soon finds that Roslyn Strong is still going strong in archaeology .. as she had her opinion quoted last year on the Spirit Ponds "runic" stones (concerned not to be grouped with the other "nuts"), thus:

“ 'We get painted with the same brush as all the nuts,' Strong said   But while NEARA members disagree with Wolter’s findings, they agree that the Spirit Pond stones deserve more study".    I append the article below.

I also notice that Jesus, Mary Magdalene and their daughter seem to have entered into this too.    Somebody, without us ever asking for it, has on Ancestry.com also linked by family back to Jesus's family  ... when they were there prospecting for tin in Cornwall.

With considerable effort I was able to trace who'd done this linking, and I found she is a priest with a little-heard-of religion in California, and strangely enough also interested in the Holy Grail.

Small world, eh !!!

Kind Regards,

John

Email:  john...@ozemail.com.au

Web:   https://someinterestingsites.wordpress.com

Postal address:   PO Box 121, BURWOOD 1805

"""""""""""""""  The 2014 newspaper article mentioning Roslyn Strong """""""""""""""""""""""""""

BANGOR DAILY NEWS - 14 March 2014

By Seth Koenig, BDN Staff

THE HOLY GRAIL IN MAINE?

Poll Question

Do you think the Spirit Pond stones are authentic?
Yes
No

Vote

AUGUSTA, Maine — Scott Wolter, a forensic geologist and host of a popular cable television show, believes a trio of inscribed stones found near Spirit Pond in Phippsburg more than 40 years ago are evidence that the famed Knights Templar fled to Maine, among other North American sites, after their persecution in 1307.

“It’s the greatest story that’s never been told,” said Wolter, who is described as a “real-life Indiana Jones” by The History Channel, which airs his show “America Unearthed” on its sister station, H2. “What you guys have in Maine are some of the most important historical relics in the history of the country. … Those stones that you have up there are priceless. They make Plymouth Rock look like a pebble on the beach.”

Perhaps the most bombastic part of the theory? The Knights brought with them the Holy Grail, he said.

Echoing the plot line made famous in author Dan Brown’s best-selling conspiracy novel “The Da Vinci Code,” Wolter claims the Holy Grail is not a cup, but rather the line of descendants from a secret marriage between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.

The controversial theory and its high-profile backer are reigniting debate around the stones, which other researchers maintain instead could be proof of a 15th century Norse voyage to Maine.

Still other noted scientists, including those with the Maine State Museum, continue to say the speculation simply muddies a case that is a clear hoax. Museum officials keep the stones in storage in Augusta.

‘Clumsy fakes’

Dr. Bruce Bourque, a professor at Bates College and longtime state archaeologist, said deciphering the authenticity of the Spirit Pond stones was his very first job at the museum.

“My first day of work, which was the first workday in January of 1972, these [stones] were sitting on my boss’s desk. He said, ‘Figure out what’s going on with these,’” Bourque recalled Wednesday.

“I took them to a Harvard linguist named Einer Haugen, and in about 10 seconds, he said, ‘They’re fakes, and in fact, they’re clumsy fakes,’” he continued.

While Wolter and believers in a Norse visit, including retired architect and New England Antiquities Research Association member Sue Carlson, clash on the topic of who made the stones, they agree on at least one thing.

Those who believe that the artifacts are authentic have claimed the reputable Haugen’s swift dismissal of the stones has served as an unfair deterrent to additional research ever since.

Once he called them fakes, legions of other scientists in the mainstream establishment wrote them off as such and wouldn’t listen to any other theories, Wolter and Carlson each said.

But Bourque said serious scholars have been right to follow Haugen’s lead.

Bourque quickly cited a number of errors in the runic inscriptions the late Haugen said represented proof of their modern origins. First, almost halfway across the third line in the most heavily etched stone — popularly referred to as the “inscription stone” — Bourque pointed to two identical symbols made up of vertical lines with circles overlapping the top halves.

The symbols have long been considered representations of the number 10, and because there are two, the year date 1010.

“This is Arabic notation, which the Norse did not do,” Bourque said. “The Norse used Roman notation.”

In another spot, the archaeologist located a runic spelling of “Haakon,” a name used by a string of Norwegian kings in the 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th centuries. The use of double vowels is a modern construct in the language, Bourque said.

Furthermore, Bourque said, pointing to a crisscrossed character appearing throughout the inscription, “This ‘Stung A’ does not exist in Norse language.”

The Hooked X

The “Stung A” is an “X” — the Old Norse symbol for the “a” sound — with a peculiar short line cutting out from its top right arm. Because the same symbol can be found on purportedly runic carvings famously discovered on stones in Narragansett, R.I., and Kensington, Minn., Bourque said the prevailing academic theory is that all the inscriptions are fakes, with carvers of the more recently discovered New England stones using the 1898 Kensington Rune Stone as their source material.

Wolter has another hypothesis about the symbol. In his 2009 book, “The Hooked X: Key to the Secret History of North America,” he wrote that instead of disqualifying all three sites, the symbol validates them.

Wolter said scholars thrown off by the hooked X are limiting their scope of research to the language used by Norse voyagers. He is arguing, to the contrary, that the stones instead were etched by Cistercian monks traveling alongside Knights Templar.

“These archaeologists have all been programmed [to believe the stones are fakes] and they can’t think outside the box,” Wolter told the Bangor Daily News in a recent interview.

The Knights were a religious military group during the time of the Crusades, but in 1307, previous supporters in the Catholic Church and French royalty turned on the order, accusing members of heretical practices and hunting them down.

Wolter said he believes the Knights were a threat not only because of the wealth they had gained over the years — which is what most historians believe — but because they were the biological descendants of Christ. If revealed as members of the divine bloodline, he theorized, their claim to power would rival those of the church and monarchy.

Persecuted, the Knights who weren’t caught and executed went into hiding, Wolter said, and some fled all the way to what is today North America. The hooked X, Wolter theorized, combines the upside-down V representing the male gender, the right-side-up V representing the female gender, and a small V on the top right arm representing a small female offspring.

Together, that’s Jesus, Mary Magdalene and their daughter, Wolter said, and the symbol was one of many used by the Knights and their monk supporters as part of a secret language to communicate with one another without giving away their continued existence.

Like in “The Da Vinci Code,” the theory assumes the Holy Grail has been misidentified for generations as a physical cup in which Christ’s blood was collected during his crucifixion. Wolter subscribes to a long-simmering fringe theory that scholars throughout history mistakenly have clung to the Old French “san greal” — or “Holy Grail” — instead of the similar but more accurate phrase “sang real,” or “royal blood.” In other words, the bloodlines of Christ.

In addition to a mention on a more recent episode of his show, “America Unearthed,” Wolter explored the theory in depth on a predecessor documentary, “Holy Grail in America,” aired for the first time four years ago on the History Channel.

Finding the stones

The late Walter Elliot, who died more than 15 years ago, was a hardscrabble Bath man with a high school education. He occasionally hiked in the area looking for arrowheads and other prehistoric artifacts, and in May of 1971, announced he had found three strangely chiseled stones near Spirit Pond in Phippsburg.

“The amount of publicity it generated right off the bat was amazing,” said Roslyn Strong, Maine coordinator for the New England Antiquities Research Association.

“Today, we’d say it ‘went viral,’” added Carlson, her colleague.

Strong and Carlson called Wolter’s Knights Templar theory outrageous, and say it’s so fantastical it threatens to drive other serious researchers away from the stones for fear of being associated with the claims.

“We get painted with the same brush as all the nuts,” Strong said.

But while NEARA members disagree with Wolter’s findings, they agree that the Spirit Pond stones deserve more study.

Carlson was raised by a Swedish father and can recall Scandinavian poetry from her youth. She said the 16-line rhythm of the etchings on the “inscription stone” followed a common pattern she remembered from those poems.

Carlson dismissed the Harvard linguist Haugen’s claim the stones were covered in “gibberish,” saying he based that determination on an assumption it was Norse language circa 1010.

Carlson said she believes it’s much more likely the stones were carved by Norse explorers in the 1400s, and using the later evolution of the language, she has translated it to be a poetic tale about a journey westward across stormy seas.

Perhaps bolstering Carlson’s theory is the location of two rectangular craters a few hundred yards from where the stones were found. An archaeologist excavated one in the early 1970s, proclaimed it was the remnants of a sod house and, using carbon-dating of a wood sampling from the site, said it dated back to around 1405.

Sod houses, Carlson noted, were typical Norse architecture at the time and similar remnants discovered at L’Ans aux Meadows in northern Newfoundland have been widely accepted as proof of a Norse encampment there.

Additionally, another of the Spirit Pond stones, the “map stone,” depicts what is now the Popham Beach area of Phippsburg and an open channel between Spirit Pond and the Atlantic Ocean — reflecting the conditions seen there well more than a century before Elliot found them. When the stones were found, the channel had been choked off with sediment buildup and ultimately dammed off by locals who wanted to harvest ice from the pond.

Carlson said it’s unlikely Elliot, whom she described as genuine and no-nonsense, was versed enough in geological history to have included that detail in a forged map, even if the runic inscriptions could be explained away by accusations he copied them from a book about the Kensington Rune Stone.

‘The latest and grandest’

“Maps are easy [to fake],” said Maine State Museum archaeologist Bourque. “He was familiar with this area. All he would have had to do was take out a gazeteer and trace it.”

While Bourque admitted he kept an arm’s distance from the excavation of the so-called sod house, he said it just as easily could have been a cellar from a Colonial-era homestead that happened to include old wood in its construction.

Perhaps most damning, petrographic slices of the stones taken in the early 1970s showed a layer of significant surface weathering built up over time, and “the grooves of the inscription cut clearly through that,” Bourque said.

“If they’d been laying out in the Maine weather for 1,000 years, they wouldn’t have stayed such clean incisions,” he said. “That weathering would have been seen in the grooves as well as on the other surfaces.”

Bourque said Wolter’s theory is “just the latest and grandest” in what has been a string of theories about the authenticity of the Spirit Pond stones over the years. And like the others, he said, the Knights Templar hypothesis eventually will quiet down.

“Most people figure out eventually that these things are fake and move on,” he said, gesturing at a line of previous theorists’ books and papers laid out across a table in a state storage area. “[In this book] it’s a secret code, then here it has something to do with ancient navigation, Sue Carlson thinks it’s poetry and now Scott Wolter believes it’s a Knights Templar plot.”

john...@ozemail.com.au

Jan 30, 2015, 10:29:16 PM1/30/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

PS:

For another bit of strange coincidence please note within what I just sent a short time ago that forensic geologist Wolter ( described as a real-life Indiana Jones by The History Channel) said:

“It’s the greatest story that’s never been told”.

Now see that attached pic ( strongs-facebook-2.jpg ).

This shows, I think, that when the Strongs took Rosslyn's stone (also called the Ross stone, then Ross-1 after another had been found - said to be 700 km away, and did they also say 'near' their "Stonehenge" [Slater's famous/infamous mound] ) on tour, to the Old Museum in Brisbane (I presume that this did happen [e.g. 34 people confirmed on Facebook that they were going], but haven't really checked) they billed the event as:

"THE GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD" - Presented by Steven and Evan Strong.

Isn't "The greatest story never told" (I presume meaning about Roslyn's stone) very similar to the "greatest story that's never been told" (which I presume referred to Wolter's theory that the knights of the Holy Grail, Knights Templar, fled to Maine after their supposed dispersal in 1307?

And turns out Roslyn Strong seems closely associated somehow to the debated-about stone all that is based on --- but doesn't wish to be classed "with the nuts".

Coincidence heaped on coincidence.

Cheers,

John

~~~~

----- Sent  Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:03:55 +0800 ~~~~~~~~~

[...]

strongs-facebook-2.jpg

tessa corkill

Jan 30, 2015, 11:03:48 PM1/30/15
to Ozarch
John, I'm afraid that Roslyn Strong of the (U.S) New England Antiquities Research Association is not the person who found the rock in Kariong. That was Rosslyn Mulder and she is certainly not American (I've spoken to her).  And, so far as I know, the US Roslyn Strong is not related to our very own Aussie "alternative archaeologists" Steve and Evan Strong.

Life is full of coincidences and this is just another one.

Tessa Corkill

john...@ozemail.com.au

Feb 1, 2015, 12:23:52 AM2/1/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tessa,

No I was not in the slightest suggesting that Roslyn Strong is or was related to the Roslyn of the Ross-stone of Kariong.

I have not really looked into whether or not this R. Strong could be related to our Strongs (E. & S.) but being on the other side of the world I'd first off assume there is not close relationship at all, though they do have the same surname.

Sorry if it came across in anyway to people that I thought R. Strong had any direct connection to Ross-stones Ross-1 or Ross-2 that I presume everyone has seen by now .... and which still unfortunately remain inexplicable for the time-being.

Rather just how remarkable the strange coincidence of it all seems, and what has lead to what.

I had not heard about Pierre Méreaux at all before YESTERDAY myself !

But after getting back onto it today, I Googled a bit on him and soon found he seems to have had quite a major effect on the thinking of all manner of paranormalist writings.   I also found that whilst usually called "a French thermodynamics engineer" he is actually Belgian.

He probably got upset with people calling him French all the time.

I understand that he is now deceased.

Below are some of the initial finds on what they say of him and his research at Carnac.

Cheers,

John

~~~~~~~~

Brian Haughton wrote in his 2008  book "Haunted Spaces, Sacred Places: A Field Guide to Stone Circles, Crop Circles" that the "French engineer Pierre Méreaux ..... believed that the location and orientation of the menhirs at Carnac reflected seismic fault lines and that the dolmens, with the large flat capstone balancing on top of its uprights, would have functioned as primitive seismic detection devices".

The "bestselling" author Barbara Hand Clow, who seems to have thought the megalithic complexes around Carnac go back "seven thousand years" in her 2007 book "The Mayan Code: Time Acceleration and Awakening the World Mind" [ written it says to show 'how the Mayan Calendar is a bridge to galactic wisdom that fosters personal growth and human evolution'] includes (p. 87):  "THE MEGALITHIC GEOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF CARNAC IN FRANCE.  ....  Although few people know about Méreaux's research, he has essentially proven that the people who built Carnac used it as a megalithic geological university where a priestly elite taught students about the power of sound waves and tectonic movement ..... He suggested that the stones were erected because of their field effects on the human body."

In another book ("Alchemy of Nine Dimensions") Barbara also suggested that "the people of Carnac might have been using the healing technology of the megaliths caused by the cataclym and the rising seas" [in which case, visiting Carnac might also be useful today for those experiencing global warming stress?].   Sea level is again on the rise,  and Barbara related "Gary and I spent a lovely evening on the beach near Carnac watching the sun set behind a beautiful passage grave that is half under water on a little sinking island out in the gulf" [others too have written that erected megalthic works of the region have been going under water - but even if true would it be due to rising sea level or to the continuing 'tectonics' that Barbara thought the geologist-priests of Carnac once studied and taught about?].

Feb 1, 2015, 1:08:32 AM2/1/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com
Re Carnac, Is anyone in touch with Les Groube? He lives not far from
Carnac and is known to have views about the reasonably recent
re-alignment and re-erection of the stones

I haven't seen him since 1997, but I gather he was in NZ in 2014. Maybe
Wal Ambrose has his email?

Eleanor

john...@ozemail.com.au

Feb 1, 2015, 2:29:14 AM2/1/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

There's been a protest group at Carnac which has had a thing or two to say critical of some of the re-erections.

For example it claimed some were re-erected upside-down.

Cheers,

John

~~

Re: {OzArch} The strange find of another Strong keen on ancient things (interpreting Carnac)

Jeannette Hope

Feb 1, 2015, 11:23:08 PM2/1/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Re the Strong’s theories, I posted the following on their website on 21 January:

http://forgottenorigin.com/our-theory

Posted as Stella, 21 Jan 2015

"Many may not know that Professor Alan Wilson, the person responsible for the claim that we evolved from Africa, recanted his theory and now believes a small group of Homo erectus got to Australia 400,000 years ago. "

Since Professor Wilson died in 1991, nearly 25 years ago, I wonder how you know that he has now recanted?  Indeed, and where he is now to be asked?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Wilson

Needless to say, it hasn’t appeared; still ‘being moderated’.

Jeannette

No virus found in this message.

john...@ozemail.com.au

Feb 2, 2015, 1:20:40 AM2/2/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Stella,

I had noticed that about the prof recanting too.

This is all in the paranormal world largely (however the Ross rocks are real .. or at least I can attest Ross-1 is as I've had opportunity to have carefully looked at it.

But its got me foxed for the time-being and I'd never seen anything like it before.

Then the next big coincidence is that the second one which I'd certainly agree with placing in the same taxon/genre or rock type turns up some time later and is also in the possession of the same person.

There is a well known forensic geologist in American who specialises in surface microscopy etc., like use-wear analysts in archaeology -- and also seems to go heavily into all this paranormal stuff.

I sent him Ross-stone pics but he really didn't have any suggestions nor say he's seen anything like it either.

My own suspicion is that the lines are natural somehow but I'd say most people so far have opted for them being "made" lines.

Only if more Ross stones turn up not owned by anyone who may think they are precious .. say if you could find some being sold by landscapers and buy a few hundredweight of them ..... can they be torn into with normal geological gusto to get to the bottom of how such lines may form.

Cheers,

John

~~~~

Feb 2, 2015, 7:33:57 PM2/2/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

This topic seems to be currently quite widespread.

See http://www.linkedin.com/groups/DNA-evidence-shows-never-from-3451857.S.5967608358507655169?view=&item=5967608358507655169&type=member&gid=3451857&trk=eml-b2_anet_digest-hero-4-hero-disc-disc-0&midToken=AQHtfPe2rpTnCA&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=1jah3rBJ4STCA1

When I googled Belinda Peters, I got onto this

Also: http://www.researchgate.net/post/Are_there_evidences_that_all_humans_descended_from_a_single_population_of_ancestors_in_Africa

Some ‘archaeologists’ buy into this nonsense, but there are saner heads:

I respectfully suggest that the quality of this discussion would improve if scientific studies, rather than fringe blogs and popular media, were to be cited.”

Which led to http://wakeup-world.com/2013/12/16/dna-evidence-debunks-the-out-of-africa-theory-of-human-evolution/

Apologies if the later has already been referenced in this thread, I haven’t checked.

Cheers

Graham KNUCKEY

Feb 2, 2015, 8:01:36 PM2/2/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeannette
I just posted a comment on the LinkedIn discussion using the quote from below “I respectfully suggest…”. I hope you don’t mind?

Sincerely
GrahamK
______________________________
Graham KNUCKEY PhD MAACAI
Archaeologist - REMNANT Archaeology

john...@ozemail.com.au

Feb 2, 2015, 8:14:48 PM2/2/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Hello Jeanette,

Yes,  I see there that Victor Christianto of University of New Mexico, re "evidences" that all humans have descended from a single population in Africa, has put it to ResearchGate:  "I read somewhere concerning this hypothesis. Do you know any evidence?".

He might soon be informed that the Strongs down there in Aussie land have different "evidences" that nay, they (the humans) all descended from a single genetic engineering event by Peiadeans on the sleepy outskirts of what is now Kariong, near Gosford in New South Wales.

If so I bet Victor will be surprised and will never have heard that before!

For the Strongs' theory is not  yet in all the textbooks - and I doubt ever will be.

Re the earlier I respectfully suggest that the quality of this discussion would improve if scientific studies, rather than fringe blogs and popular media, were to be cited.” ... well I can scientifically tell anyone who wants to know that the Kariong area's most extensive/widespread wonder -- the so-called greatest "star chart" in all the world -- has its points all based on concretions, and that concretions predate human beings (regardless of whether created by Aliens, God or evolution) by many many millions of years.

 And that from sheer orthodox geology many of the Kariong "evidences" simply are unacceptable.

One of the other unacceptable (to me) bits of the 'evidences' is the so-called "Kariong trough" -- that's been called a womens' sacred place (every woman who lies down in it gets up a remarkably changed/enlightened person it is said).   Or also has been called a mummification table and other things, by different people.   This feature of the outcroppings there is simply a weathered out in full relief very normal 'masterband' iron oxide accumulation between different sets of Leisegang-like iron-staining bands and there are millions of these throughout the Hawkesbury Sandstone.   At Katoomba I understand the Council once (cf. 1930s) put up signage on one similar weathered out masterband, calling it "Fossil Rock" (a fossil whale someone thought).

The Ross-stones are just the very latest of a long string of 'evidences' woven into a story that has been under development/expansion for years now.

The first Ross stone (Ross-1) was found decades ago but has only come into the limelight after Ross met the Strongs.

Ross has apparnently entrusted it to their care so that it can now go on tour.

The Strongs kindly broke their train journey to Sydney at Strathfield junction and got off just so as I could see Ross-1 to my full content.

They wanted the rock type identified but I failed to be able to do that.    Having seen and 'felt' the weight and hardness of it (it is a chert-like very compact stone with many 'curious' lines on it) I was sadly none the wiser at all on what it might be, or how the lines may have formed.

Turning it around carefully there is not the faintest hint seen of anything resembling bedding!

Hence you cannot even confirm it is a cherty sedimentary rock ... possibly it could be something from a hyperbyssal (shallow) acid/felsic intrusive body?

One also cannot confirm it's all not all just some fraud/fake exercise (though there is nothing to suggest such) - as it's impossible to say at the moment anything reliable about its genesis at all.

Yet amateur-archaeologists, as they always seem to do, can get to work on the angles that the lines make and thereby come up with all sorts of theories --- just as they so often do will domen and pyramid orientations etc. ... this almost always being astronomical stuff.

Cheers,

John

~~~~

Feb 2, 2015, 10:24:28 PM2/2/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

But John, you must be aware that “orthodox geology” is part of the Strange Global Conspiracy of the tenured, and tenure-seeking academics who have to profess their adherence to the orthodoxy and deny in order to qualify to be part of the exclusive academia club?

SJC

john...@ozemail.com.au

Feb 2, 2015, 10:43:26 PM2/2/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Hello Steve,

You can trust me - but I'm not too sure who else you can trust?

Have a search on Scott Wolter the expert forensic geologist in America who undertakes often to investigate such curious stones and things.

He of late seems to have been getting into some very wacky stuff indeed.

It seems to have been he who has (only recently?) connected the very well known and long puzzling Kensingnton rune stone (also initially quite well investigated by a  geologist .. I think perhaps back then the State geologist and the State archaeologist might even have been the same person ??) with the blood of Jesus .. or something like that?

I think his latest theory somehow is that the Knights Templar took the stone there .. and maybe the Holy Grail too?

I might have it slightly misunderstood, and someone might sort it out better what Scott's latest theory on the source of the rune stone is.

But whatever the latest on this never-solved stone from Scott I'm confident it will still be in the "EXTREMELY unlikely" category.

It's said to be easy to fall into conspiracy theory or fears too ... Our local researchers feared they might be being followed/circles by helicopters at one time I remember(?)... I think that might have happened up around the "Australia's Stonehenge" site ... but I have sheer-volume problems of keeping all the purported facts straight in my mind.

Cheers,

John

~~~

Can you translate that into plain Aussie please Steve?

Cheers, John

John Pickard
john.p...@bigpond.com

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 2:24 PM
Subject: RE: {OzArch} The strange find of another Strong keen on ancient things (interpreting Carnac)

But John, you must be aware that “orthodox geology” is part of the Strange Global Conspiracy of the tenured, and tenure-seeking academics who have to profess their adherence to the orthodoxy and deny in order to qualify to be part of the exclusive academia club?

SJC

Steve Corsini

Feb 3, 2015, 6:35:42 PM2/3/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com