NSW Heritage Division Library

Iain Stuart

Jan 15, 2018, 3:26:10 PM1/15/18
to Oz Arch, ASHA

Before Christmas there was some discussion about the closure of this library however I have been informed of the current situation by Xanthe O’Donnell

“The below information outlines interim arrangements for the NSW Heritage Library:

•             There are no changes to services provided for internal stakeholders and external customers.

•             All enquiries should continue to be forwarded to the Heritage Library mailbox - heritage...@environment.nsw.gov.au as the OEH / DPE Cluster Librarian (and team) will be managing the mailbox.

•             The OEH / DPE Librarian will also manage all Heritage Library resources, cataloguing, shelving activities and information requests.

•             These arrangements will remain in place until temporary recruitment is undertaken in the new year.

•             HD staff and industry practitioners can contact the OEH / DPE cluster library team on 9585 6845 for assistance.

I apologise for any inconvenience during this transition.

Should you wish to discuss arrangements or provide feedback, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Xanthe

Xanthe O’Donnell

Heritage Strategy | Heritage Division

Office of Environment & Heritage

10 Valentine Avenue, Parramatta, 2150

T  02 9873 8589 M 0447 476 379

I also should remind everyone of the NSW Archaeology Online: Grey Literature Archive housed at the University of Sydney library http://nswaol.library.usyd.edu.au/index.jsp;jsessionid=942BEA50342E6902FE17294EC3E019F3?page=home

NSW Archaeology Online is a sustainable digital archive of information about the archaeology and heritage of important cultural places in New South Wales. Stage 1 of the project (2009-2011) made a collection of previously unpublished consultancy and student research reports (the so-called grey-literature) discoverable, searchable and publicly accessible online for the first time. Most of these reports were created before the mid-late 1990s in hard-copy format only.

I can testify to it being an extremely useful resource.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397