John Clegg

Iain Stuart

Mar 12, 2015, 3:03:21 AM3/12/15
to Oz Arch

Jo McDonald has passed on the news that John Clegg has passed away

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North

NSW 2134

Australia

(02) 97010191

Ia...@jcis.net.au

Message has been deleted

Michael Lever

Mar 12, 2015, 6:40:40 PM3/12/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com, ia...@jcis.net.au
Sad news,

John Clegg was a truly brilliant eccentric character.

I'm not sure whether any reader of Ozarch who hadn't met him, could without pictorial assistance, appreciate who John was.

His academic brilliance is documented on the library shelves - but his personality would surely bamboozle the Dewey system.

My collection of Clegg photos was lost with a disk drive crash. However, if it is considered respectful, would people share here any images they may have?

I'm particularly thinking of an image of John lecturing at USYD, barefoot, and with a pet possum on his head...

Regards,

Eleanor Crosby

Michael Lever

Mar 12, 2015, 11:41:29 PM3/12/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com, ia...@jcis.net.au
Seek and find.... this is John Clegg at USYD (late 1970's?)

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 6:03:21 PM UTC+11, IainS wrote:
clegg2.jpg

Beth White

Mar 12, 2015, 11:57:44 PM3/12/15
to oza...@googlegroups.com, ia...@jcis.net.au

Thank you.

I don’t quite know what else to say ….

Our lives are richer, and we are better archaeologists, for having known him.

Beth.

tessa corkill

Mar 13, 2015, 12:13:47 AM3/13/15
to Ozarch
John Edgar & I feel much the same Beth.
Always a challenging and inspiring person, JC threw ideas into the air and you either caught them and played with them or missed them and were forever puzzled at what you had missed. I like to think we were two of the catchers.
Now we will miss him.
Tessa Corkill