Mid-level Archaeologist position

an...@alphaarc.com

Oct 18, 2017, 11:23:23 PM10/18/17
to OzArch

Mid-level Archaeologist position
Location: Melbourne

Alpha Archaeology is seeking a mid-level archaeologist / heritage advisor.  Based at our at Essendon office in Melbourne, the successful applicant will have experience in both report writing and field archaeology.

About us
Alpha Archaeology is an experienced heritage consultancy that has completed hundreds of successful heritage projects since 2004. We work on both Indigenous and Historical heritage projects. Alpha is headed by Jodie Mitchell, director and principal heritage advisor.

Key responsibilities
- Managing and participating in field surveys and excavations

- Analysis and interpretation of Aboriginal artefacts

- Preparing and lodgement of Site Cards with AV
- Generating technical reports
- Writing Cultural Heritage Management Plans (CHMPs) as well as other heritage reports
- Liaising with key stakeholders (Government, Aboriginal stakeholders)

- GIS/map production (highly desirable but not essential)

Selection Criteria
-
Completed Bachelor of Archaeology with Honours (or equivalent)
-
Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Heritage Advisor (HA)
- Registered or eligible to register as a HA with Aboriginal Victoria
- Functional understanding of Victorian heritage legislation
- Competency using technology
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Team orientated
- Current driver’s licence

To apply
Please send the following to rece...@alphaarc.com