Re: Transmitting your latest dose of Randwick "La La Land" stuff

john...@ozemail.com.au

Apr 12, 2018, 7:25:51 PM4/12/18
to Ozarch

Re:  "Tree-mendously silly station plan", Daily Telegraph 12 April 2012

See Anna Caldwell's recent so-called EXCLUSIVE SCOOP.

Read this in the Daily Telegraph  (bottom of page 1 and top of page 2).

Anna writes that "Tree-hugging greenies have convinced state government boffins to stop the light rail's key station outside the gates of Randwick race course from being named 'Royal Randwick'."

She writes that the "kooky conservationists have claimed [that] as the construction of the light rail resulted in the removal of 'big beautiful and well-loved trees', Centennial Park should be compensated by having a station named after it."    Well good on you kooky conservationists .. maybe that is a bit of decent logic at long last in the sea of waffle between Sydney and Botany Bay (no .... Captain Tench,s party never camped at the Stabling Yard, nor was it a remembered old well-watered 'meeting ground' for the tribes and possibly for mass marriages as per the unusual abundance (two?) of "marriage stones" there ... and possibly they didn't even have a spear head factory there to encourage thoughts of driving the invaders back into the ocean).   So maybe I think I agree with you .. but I want to be sure .. to be sure ... as my heritage from one of the Irish sent here with the "Invaders" demands no less (the full facts).   I want to find the REAL Randwick truths.   I can bear them, even if they turn out to be bitter truths.

When, or if, we can ever get to the bottom of this (there's indeed been heaps written to the Minister re the trees along the route .. and what about Uncle Des Dywer's tree - a suspected burial tree because of some special marking ----? --- was that recorded before it was mulched, or might it still be standing somewhere) I strongly suspect this will be a naming saga quite the equal of the other recent Transport one .. the wonderful story of  Ferry McFerryface (now renamed the May Gibbs of snugglepot and cuddlepie fame).

Cheers, John