Re: Bumps in the archaeosphere

john...@ozemail.com.au

Apr 13, 2018, 11:23:37 AM4/13/18
to Ozarch

Hello,

No!  Bumps in the archaeosphere are not something young Jeddi knights are taught about, lie the "Force" or feeling the vibes.

But saying "bumps in the archaeosphere" might be a much more polite way of saying "tips" --- if ever on finds onself in polite society.

There are rises or high points in the bigger picture of humanly modified ground.

There are several of these along Mona Vale Road that I have been researching ... esp. the "Mystery tip" about 1 km east of St. Ives Showground, and the famous/infamous "Bird Poles Hill" at Tumbledown Dick east of Terrey Hills.

Very commonly bumps in the archaeosphere develop above and out of old quarries.

One pretty big rise of toxic waste at Homebush Bay has even been given a fake or neo Aboriginal name by SOPA.

Another small one of the infilled Homebush embayment, called Mount Bressington, has a bit of an Aboriginal tale about it from the time of the Olympics.

I don't know if true of not but someone was organising some protest tent embassy for the games and police said they would arrest them all (aiming for ~300) the minute they walked through the gates.   So organisers said we'll camp outside the gates - well camp at the immediately nearby Bressington Park.   But the Police and Mayor of Homebush still tried to dissaude them and said ---- Keep any of your young females of child bearing age away from the toxic mound at the rear of the park, or else it might zap them and that would be the end of the Aboriginal race.

Now I much doubt Mount Bressington is toxic at all.    But I have a small Council grant I'm happy to share with anyone else interested to try and work out how Mount Bressington got there.   My friend Dave and I build theories about different parts of the Homebush infilled lands .. and suspect the railways people (connected with Chullora Worships and with lots of rubbish to tip) built some of the forms including Mount Bressington .. on an initial platform of municipal waste.   It's all more archaeo-history around Homebush Bay than anything else (no REALLY interesting archaeology ... just fringe stuff or made ground with generally only sparse artefacts (except when Transgrid poughed through a deposit of Arnotts crushed biscuit tines ... but fringe without the aliens as the Strongs do their archaeo-history with.

Amongst types of archaeology or archaeologists I'd say that RECLAMATION ARCHAEOLOGISTS are those who study infilled area by lake or sea ....yet take but little of it away ....  whereas SALVATION ARCHAELOGISTS are those who either want to salvage practically everything that once moved .. or else belong to the Salvation Army.

Searching for afficionadoes of this sort of thing around SydneyEven I have so far only found Dennis Byrne and Matt Edgeworth by I am sure there are more.

Even Dr Spacejunk's stuff fallen to the ground I guess adds to the archaeosphere -- a little.

A primer on made ground or humanly modified ground, written by Matt Edgeworth, may be downloaded at https://www.academia.edu/36303716/Humanly_modified_ground?auto=download&campaign=weekly_digest

More perhaps on Matt Edgeworth, or on humanly modified ground pioneers like the inspiring Dr. Suess, after I have had a little nap.

Cheers, JohnB