Anyone seen this guys page!?

95 vues

Aaron Dalla-vecchia

non lue,
1 déc. 2016, 23:24:1901/12/2016
à OzArch

Aaron Dalla-vecchia

non lue,
6 déc. 2016, 05:38:4506/12/2016
à OzArch
This guy on Facebook is a metal detector user who seems to be focusing on sites in Victoria. In particular WW1 and WW2 sites. He thinks he is "protecting history".

Very hard to see.

Gary Vines

non lue,
6 déc. 2016, 05:41:3806/12/2016
à OzArch
He is clearly damaging historic archaeological sites and ought to be prosecuted under the Heritage Act.

who wants to report him to Heritage Victoria?

Doug Williams

non lue,
6 déc. 2016, 16:11:0706/12/2016
à oza...@googlegroups.com

No point.  We’ve been here before, HV won’t do anything to these vandals, nor will any of the other state heritage agencies.  Seems its completely impractical to fine everyone they catch doing this.  Just like its completely impractical to fine the thousands caught speeding drink driving….oh, wait…..

emailReply

This message may contain privileged information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  If this message was not intended for you, please note that you must not disseminate or copy it and are requested to immediately contact Access Archaeology & Heritage Pty Ltd.  The views expressed in this message are not necessarily those of Access Archaeology & Heritage Pty Ltd.

image001.jpg

john...@ozemail.com.au

non lue,
6 déc. 2016, 17:27:3806/12/2016
à oza...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I don't have any experience with Victoria but re NSW State government by now I have a VAST amount, indeed for now going on near 50 years ... e.g. re asking the NSW gov., various arms, what are they doing about "moveable heritage".  Contact me if interested in details.   It would be a big exaggeration to say that they have done absolutely nothing .. yet the full story is by no means a pretty one.      If Vic. is anything like NSW I'd agree there's virtually no point at present contacting government on anything like this.  The OEH/NPWS - esp. NPWS - is currently undergoing a big re-organisation too; but I cannot so far find anyone who knows anything much.

Cheers,  Dr John (Sydney)

RE: {OzArch} Re: Anyone seen this guys page!?

No point.  We’ve been here before, HV won’t do anything to these vandals, nor will any of the other state heritage agencies.  Seems its completely impractical to fine everyone they catch doing this.  Just like its completely impractical to fine the thousands caught speeding drink driving….oh, wait…..

This message may contain privileged information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  If this message was not intended for you, please note that you must not disseminate or copy it and are requested to immediately contact Access Archaeology & Heritage Pty Ltd.  The views expressed in this message are not necessarily those of Access Archaeology & Heritage Pty Ltd.

He is clearly damaging historic archaeological sites and ought to be prosecuted under the Heritage Act.

who wants to report him to Heritage Victoria?

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message