Kids clothes with indigenous designs

John Pickard

Jun 9, 2017, 7:56:33 PM6/9/17
to OzArch
Good morning,

This is a bit off-topic, but given the Australia-wide coverage of OzArch, I
imagine that someone can help.

I'm looking for a tee shirt or hoodie for my 4-y old grand-daughter's
birthday. She lives in NZ, and I reckon that one of the fabulous indigenous
designs would go down a treat. I don't want her growing up entirely kiwi!
The trouble is that here in Sydney, most of the shops are located in the
Circular Quay - Opera House tourist sector, and I have no idea who owns the
shops, and they charge like wounded bulls. Plus, I think that most of the
clothes are made in the PRC, but this is probably the case with all clothes
with indigenous designs.

Can anyone suggest a shop, owned by Aborigines, that sells clothes with
great indigenous designs? I don't care where it is because I'll be buying
the stuff over the phone. The key criterion is "Aboriginal-owned".

Cheers, John

John Pickard
john.p...@bigpond.com

Jillian Comber

Jun 9, 2017, 9:09:51 PM6/9/17
to oza...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

Try:

https://www.ozaboriginal.com.au/

Regards

Jillian

Jeannette Hope

Jun 10, 2017, 8:41:25 AM6/10/17
to oza...@googlegroups.com
I found this shop when I was last in Alice Springs. http://www.cheekydogs.com.au/. Not traditional designs, but great sense of humour. I bought one with the design 'Beware' (see women's T-shirts.) . Read Dion's Story.

Jeannette

Jun 15, 2017, 2:15:48 AM6/15/17
to OzArch
These brands have a variety of clothes options with Aboriginal designs.
Can confirm that the leggings are very comfortable.

https://lifewear.com.au/collections/kids/

John Pickard

Jun 15, 2017, 5:43:01 PM6/15/17
to oza...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jillian, Jeannette and Maddi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Some fabulous fabrics, but unfortunately, none of the sites have the clothes I am looking for. Looks like I go to Plan B.

Cheers, John

John Pickard
john.p...@bigpond.com

Jillian Comber

Jun 15, 2017, 6:20:16 PM6/15/17
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Hi John

Some years ago I purchased some fabulous Aboriginal designed tshirts from the Royal National Park shop.  They don’t seem to have an online shop but perhaps you could ring them.

Good luck!

Jillian

Jeannette Hope

Jun 15, 2017, 8:13:34 PM6/15/17
to oza...@googlegroups.com

Hi John

Here’s another one: http://www.rainbowserpent.com.au/Shop.aspx?Category=T-Shirts+-+Children

A friend of mine, Claire Bates, has some artwork on this site, but she doesn’t do T-shirts.

Exactly what are you looking for??

Cheers

Jeannette