Proposed Jam Date Thurs 15th May

Pete Wood

Apr 24, 2014, 4:57:20 AM4/24/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

How is everyone fixed for a Jam on Thurs 15th May?

Cheers

Pete

LIST, Jenny

Apr 24, 2014, 5:00:06 AM4/24/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com

Jam tomorrow? J

Sounds good to me.

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

al...@alexgibson.net

Apr 24, 2014, 10:19:54 AM4/24/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
You beat me to it Pete :( but May 15 is good for me :)

Paul MJ Stone

Apr 30, 2014, 10:32:21 AM4/30/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Looks good for me. Book it Danno!

David Pride

May 2, 2014, 7:56:54 PM5/2/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, new face here.

I was a semi-regular at the jam @ Bletchley Park until that sadly folded last year. This looks like an active group, will help myself to a ticket and hopefully see lots of new faces - and more than likely some old ones I suspect!

Many thanks,

Dave P.

Karen Williams

May 6, 2014, 1:43:11 PM5/6/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Hi there
Just getting into this Pi phenomena :) and I'm a newbie to this group. Can I have a few more details about the jam please? Time, venue, any age restrictions (I'm running an after school club) and any other pertinent information.
Many thanks
Karen

LIST, Jenny

May 12, 2014, 5:11:11 AM5/12/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
>Just getting into this Pi phenomena :) and I'm a newbie to this group.
>Can I have a few more details about the jam please? Time, venue, any
> age restrictions (I'm running an after school club) and any other pertinent information.

Did anyone come back to this?
.
The details are here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oxford-raspberry-jam-may-15th-2014-tickets-11443322285?ref=enivte&invite=NTczODQ2OS9qZW5ueS5saXN0QG91cC5jb20vMA%3D%3D

In short: the Electrocomponents offices at the Oxford Business Park - I'll always think of it as "where the Morris works used to be" - at 7pm.

What are the details on ages? Not involved in matters of youngsters so I have no idea what the legal, insurance position is etc, however there have been more than one accompanied by parents at previous Jams. Pete, have you got an answer on this?

The format is a show-and-tell where people talk about their projects and show us an amazing array of cool Pi-based projects. Except me, mine is used for big data crunching so I showed a pretty graph or two.

Hope that answers your questions,
Jenny

Karen Williams

May 12, 2014, 5:23:05 AM5/12/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenny

Yes Pete Wood emailed me thank you :) Unfortunately, due to the time of the meeting and it being SATS week for our Yr 6 students, we are unable to come. However, hopefully we will be able to make another one.

The boys are a mix of 10/11 year olds and I think it would be great to see the Pi being used for things other than the basic Scratch and Python that we've been doing - maybe next time.

Thanks again for following up

Kind regards

Karen

al...@alexgibson.net

May 12, 2014, 5:38:00 AM5/12/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenny / original questioner,

Pete may have the specifics for the Electrocomponents building, but I
believe anyone under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a
responsible adult - for insurance reasons alone among others. Adult in
tow, all are welcome - the format and timing would likely suit older
children and teenagers better, but we positively want to hear from kids
of all ages and to get them involved in learning about Pi - and maybe
they can bring us some brand new ideas for projects!

It's at the Electrocomponents building, on Alec Issigonis Way, Oxford
Business Park North, Oxford OX4 2HW - 19:00 to 22:00. Google maps will
get you to the right car park, then follow around to the left as far as
you can go, to Electrocomponents HQ. Press the buzzer and someone will
come to get you!

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Alex Gibson

LIST, Jenny

May 15, 2014, 10:51:08 AM5/15/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com

Damn, I can’t make it to this evening’s Jam. I have to solve the Case of the Exploding CV Joint on my car before I can go anywhere.

Jenny

David Pride

May 15, 2014, 7:18:09 PM5/15/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Good to meet everyone tonight. Bit bummed only half my demo worked, have just set W.I.S.E. up here at home.... and he works perfectly. (facepalm)

That's what I was about to call sod's law, then had a literal lightbulb moment - as in I beleive that the lights were too bright in the meeting room and were overpowering the IR LED (which is pretty weak tbh) so the signals were not reaching the bot. I have just tested the theory here by adding a fairly bright lamp on the desk and the reaction was the same, ie - you don't get one! Another issue identified, and one that can be sorted.

Can't believe the new boy won the raffle too - sorry guys, I promise I will put my prize to good use :-D

Thanks again, look forward to next time.

Dave P.

Paul Brown

May 16, 2014, 4:53:18 AM5/16/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Nice to meet you dave and we want to see that board on your brilliant robot ;)

Alex Gibson

May 16, 2014, 1:30:59 PM5/16/14
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
+1 to that sentiment!