Is there a way to find out if input is being sanitized or not

Kavitha Venkataswamy

Feb 21, 2017, 5:13:53 PM2/21/17
to OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Support
Hi,

I am looking to use HTML sanitizer, is there a way to determine if input is sanitized or not. I have a use case, if sanitized, take some action.

If this feature is not available, can you throw some light if there is a way to achieve this?

Thanks
Kavitha

Mike Samuel

Feb 21, 2017, 5:26:06 PM2/21/17

On Feb 21, 2017 5:13 PM, "Kavitha Venkataswamy" <kvenkat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to use HTML sanitizer, is there a way to determine if input is sanitized or not. I have a use case, if sanitized, take some action.

Be aware though that just because no changes were reported that the input is not necessarily safe to embed -- only ever embed the output from the sanitizer.

https://github.com/OWASP/java-html-sanitizer/blob/master/docs/html-validation.md addresses some common misconceptions about the relationship between "0 policy violations" and "is safe."