OWASP HTML Sanitizer Release 20160413.1

Jim Manico

Apr 27, 2016, 1:12:00 PM4/27/16
to OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Support, owasp-...@lists.owasp.org, owasp-c...@lists.owasp.org
Hello OWASP Community.

The OWASP HTML Sanitizer is a fast and easy to configure HTML Sanitizer written in Java which lets you include HTML authored by third-parties in your web application in a safe fashion. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Java_HTML_Sanitizer_Project

This tool was written by Mike Samuel from Google. Mike has done an excellent job keeping this library up-to-date over the years.

Release 20160413.1 is live in Maven.
  • Integrated support for Safe HTML Types and the Fences enforcer to allow the sanitizer to produce safe-contract-types.
  • Fixed bug 52: <a> can contain <div> per HTML5 rules.

Any questions? Drop us a line.

Aloha,
Jim Manico

王军伟

Apr 28, 2016, 8:02:09 AM4/28/16
to OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Support, owasp-...@lists.owasp.org, owasp-c...@lists.owasp.org
The version naming strategy has been changed since version after version `r239`.
The maven version compare algorithm seems make 'r239` larger than `20160413.1`.

Mike Samuel

Apr 28, 2016, 8:14:44 AM4/28/16
to OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Support

Yep. The r### scheme was based on subversion revision numbers so ended when the project migrated to git on github.  I chose datestamps naively before I understood maven versioning well but we're stuck with it for the ordering reasons you mention unless we can deprecate the current group/artifact.