OVNi and the blockchain DISCUSSIONS thread: Ethereum + IPFS + ?

Jim Anastassiou

Oct 19, 2015, 11:57:41 AM10/19/15
to Open Value Networks Infrastructure
I have initiated this thread for discussions only. Please list any activities for this initiative in the other thread.

Bob Haugen

Oct 19, 2015, 1:34:23 PM10/19/15
to Jim Anastassiou, SENSORICA general, ovnsinfra...@googlegroups.com
No substantive comment. Just wanted to say I think your first two
activities are the perfect way to start this exploration.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Jim Anastassiou
<jim.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --
> This discussion is OPEN to the public.
> This group is about "value network" infrastructure development.
> ---
>
> --
> Go to SENSORICA home
> https://sites.google.com/site/sensoricahome/home
> Go to our Working Space
> https://sites.google.com/site/sensoricahome/home/working-space
> --
> "SENSORICA" group.
> email to Sensorica+...@googlegroups.com.

Jim Anastassiou

Oct 30, 2015, 9:40:58 AM10/30/15
to Open Value Networks Infrastructure

Thanks Bob,
Like you mentioned, kicking the tires and taking it for a test drive :)
Has everyone heard the news?
Here is the result:

And here are my mining efforts using a pool:

What do you think? Will it keep climbing. Can it explode like Bitcoin did?
Who knows, maybe we won't need to look for funding soon...

Bob Haugen

Oct 30, 2015, 10:28:28 AM10/30/15
to Jim Anastassiou, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Jim, thanks for keeping us informed on this stuff.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Jim Anastassiou
<jim.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-rolls-out-ethereum-toolkit-for-business-users/

Smart move by Microsoft. Maybe they are getting their mojo back...

> And here are my mining efforts using a pool:
> http://etherscan.io/address/0x008b875efb5ca2db7edae2822f1aa22053789148

Could you please give us an interpretation of all that? What do you make of it?

Bob Haugen

Oct 30, 2015, 10:31:56 AM10/30/15
to Jim Anastassiou, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
By the way, we may soon need to conduct conversations between NRP
instances. To do so, we will need at least a two-party consensus
mechanism. We can roll our own very simple one, which I could describe
if anybody is interested. Or maybe we could use Ethereum.

If anybody has opinions on pluses and minuses, please chime in.

(I know the minus of rolling our own is that, like the guy who is his
own lawyer and therefore has an idiot for a client, it is difficult to
do well.)