dancer

Jeff Rose

Jun 6, 2012, 4:22:53 PM6/6/12
to overtone
It could be interesting to create something like this javascript audio visualization API for Quill and Overtone.

https://github.com/jsantell/dancer.js

Checkout the demo running here:

http://jsantell.github.com/dancer.js/

Sam Aaron

Jun 6, 2012, 6:57:18 PM6/6/12
to over...@googlegroups.com
So here's a first draft of the spinning circles part of dancer in Quil:

https://gist.github.com/2885344

Enjoy!

Sam

--
http://sam.aaron.name

Jeff Rose

Jun 6, 2012, 8:27:35 PM6/6/12
to over...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, that was some fast turn around. Here it is with animated colors and changing motion paths:

https://gist.github.com/2885724

It would be cool to interpolate from one path to another so it's always a smooth transition. I bet we could maintain a transition point (t) from 0-1, and then do something like:

(+ (* t xpos-a) (* (- 1 t) xpos-b))

for each of xpos, ypos, zpos with motion path a and b. Anyway, time for bed now… Will have to get this playing to music, with flocking birds moving through the scene ;-)

Nice work Sam!

-Jeff