Defining a not equal constraint

Michael McFarland

Apr 16, 2015, 6:00:07 PM4/16/15
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can tell it isn't possible to define one variable to be not equal to another.
As in define a constraint such that 'a' can be greater then 'b', or 'a' can be less than 'b', but 'a' can not equal 'b'
I wanted to confirm that this is indeed the case, since I don't believe ill be able to use cassowary to solve my problem.

Håvard Fossli

Apr 18, 2015, 3:09:41 PM4/18/15
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you want.

Say you have these constraints

a != b
a == 100

b can then be resolved to be almost anything. That means everything below 100 (including 99.9999)... and everything above 100 (including 100.0001)...