Coordinate systems

Håvard Fossli

Oct 9, 2014, 10:10:30 AM10/9/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com

Consider this hierarchy

If I want A.A.A.left to equal B.A.left I'm thinking I would have to write

.A.A.left == (B.left) - (A.left + A.A.left) + B.A

In a general form it could be described as

  view1
.left == (add intermediates coordinates from view1 up to common ancestor) - (add intermediate views from view2 up to common ancestor) + view2.left

Now this could probably be made into an expression

  expression
= expressionForDiffBetweenViews(view1, view2);
  view1
.left == expression + view2.left

Am I right? Or is there som better/other way?
My biggest concern is how this should be implemented in the simplest fashion. It would be awesome to be able to say...

view1
.centerY == view2.centerY

...regardless of order and structure.

Much like described here

How should I let cassowary be aware of coordinate systems?

All feedback is valuable. And I am especially interested in hearing from Ken, Alex and Dan.

Thanks,

Håvard