IRC?

Alex Russell

Oct 21, 2013, 7:21:13 PM10/21/13
to Adam Solove, overcon...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Anyone else on IRC? Should we be using #overconstrained?

Regards

Håvard Fossli

Sep 23, 2014, 9:32:12 AM9/23/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com, aso...@gmail.com
ReactiveCocoa is using https://slack.com/.

See their discussion here about why they chose slack https://github.com/ReactiveCocoa/ReactiveCocoa/issues/871

kenf...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2014, 8:15:37 PM9/23/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
FYI, Alex and I are generally in #overconstrained on irc.freenode.net, though I don't think I've ever seen anyone else. We're both in there right now.

-ken

Håvard Fossli

Dec 4, 2014, 7:48:11 AM12/4/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I just created a slack team “overconstrained”. We are there able to create any number of channels e.g. "rhea", "cassowary.js", "general", "documentation".

The benefits of using slack over IRC is
- the messages gets persisted and you can search the full history
- easy to attach code, snippets, files, images
- email and push notification
...and more.

It is also possible to connect to slack via IRC

I hope this would allow for a closer connection among the few people interested in cassowary. Agens (my company) will cover the charges for the slack team.

Either paste your email address below or send me an email to hfo...@gmail.com and say you want an invite.

If you think this is a bad idea, please tell me.

All the best,

Håvard

Christopher Alatorre

Dec 14, 2014, 11:55:59 PM12/14/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
I'll take an invite cjala...@gmail.com. I'm really interested and hoping to talk, what times are people on? Also be nice if I could find some api documentation for Carrowary JS. Not necessary I can dig through code and play around but wow it makes it easier.

It seemed like there was talk about a new API but thats quite dated. Is this project not current / maintained?

Håvard Fossli

Dec 15, 2014, 4:26:34 AM12/15/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
Invite sent!

As of now we are only 5 people and 4 people have requested invites, but not yet opened slack.

Martin Klepsch

Dec 15, 2014, 3:09:35 PM12/15/14
to overcon...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to join as well! martin...@googlemail.com