Bike for Cuba

Les Humphreys

Jan 14, 2016, 9:30:14 PM1/14/16
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com
Les Humphreys is looking for a track bike to take to Cuba for Canbicuba's  Deportivo Tour in April. The Deportivo, which starts in Varadero, April 9th, spends a day in Havana close to the Velodrome, where  the bike will be presented to a local high school team.

Ideally a track bike, 54cm or smaller, but a road machine would be acceptable if a track bike is not forthcoming (Cubans can be very creative when needs must). Failing a complete bike, frame and cranks would suffice as Les has wheels to suit. Anyone wishing to sell, rather than donate, should indicate price.

Gently used cycling clothing, tyres, gears and chains would also be welcome The Deportivo runs from April 9th to the 16th with distances 50-100km daily..For details, check it out at canbicuba.com.

Contact Les Humphreys (les...@magma.ca), phone 613-256-2498.

mrmgauthier

Jan 15, 2016, 9:45:54 AM1/15/16
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Les

Happy New Year; where and when can donations be made?  I don't have a bike to give, especially that I had to replace my city bike which was stolen at Lansdowne, but I'll check other items...

Cheers

Marie
--
Visit us at http://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca
---

Les Humphreys

Jan 23, 2016, 10:00:20 AM1/23/16
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marie - long time, no see - r u still biking, skiing ?? Hope you are keeping well. Les

mrmgauthier

Jan 28, 2016, 11:02:34 AM1/28/16
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Les

Got your message with your phone number but I misadvertendly deleted it along with a bunch of other messages...My number is 613 421 4276; if I am not here when you call, just leave a message telling me when you plan on being in Ottawa - I am just north of Westgate, down the street from Bushtukah.  Cheers

Marie