Tools used by the group

Mike Geggie

Jul 13, 2012, 4:36:22 PM7/13/12
to ottawa...@googlegroups.com
I think a good place to start with any devops group, is to find out what tools folks are using, what tools folks like, what tools folks don't like, and what kind of experience everyone has with their tools.

In my case, I've been using the following tools:
  • Configuration Management: Puppet
  • Node Classification: Puppet Dashboard, Foreman
  • Orchestration: Capistrano
I've tried a few other tools, but the simplicity and flexibility of these tools have really proven themselves each time.

I'd be interested to hear about others' experience and choice of tools!

Mike

Martin Samson

Jul 13, 2012, 4:44:31 PM7/13/12
to ottawa...@googlegroups.com
Good first post.

We have an interesting setup at HCN. Virtualizing  FreeBSD Jails on top of virtualized servers was a fun experience. We are lucky our platform is essentially a clone of itself for each deployment.
--
Martin Samson
Developer