Recovering lost files due to ntfs-3g from an ntfs partition

Ustun Ozgur

Nov 14, 2016, 4:15:42 AM11/14/16
to OSXFUSE

I mounted my Windows partition on my Mac using the steps outlined here:

https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/wiki/NTFS-3G

Then, moved a folder (CMD-OPT-V) from NTFS partition to my OS X partition. It asked me for my administrator password. It created the folder, however it did not move the files. The files in the original location were also deleted.

The files are no longer in the Windows partition nor the OS X partition. I have run chkdsk by logging in Windows, and the files are not there.

I ran percuva to find deleted files, but it could not find any.

Is there a way to recover deleted files from NTFS?

PS: Later on, I tried to reproduce if the problem exists if I just simply copy the folder. I was able to. The folder structure was copied, but none of the files were for other folders on the disk.

I also asked on the Tuxera forum, but that seems to be a bit abandoned, so I thought I could try my luck there.

Thanks in advance.