Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Saulo Vallory

ungelesen,
11.05.2012, 19:53:0311.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I just tried to install Homebrew (http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/), and, when I run `brew doctor` it complaints about the osx libraries being on /usr/local/lib. This can break make some brew formulas. From my search, it DO break some of the softwares I plan to compile.

Can I move this libraries somewhere else and add the path to the new location in the PATH variable? Is there a better solution? I didn't try it 'cause I was afraid of corrupting my ntfs filesystem, since I'm using NTFS 3G.

Thanks for any help!
Cheers,

Saulo Vallory

Erik Larsson

ungelesen,
12.05.2012, 01:53:5612.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saulo,

/usr/local is the proper (and default) prefix for user-installed
software. The rest of /usr contains system libraries (Apple-provided)
and you don't want to mess with that directory.
If Homebrew complains about that, then maybe you should report a bug to
the developer of Homebrew.

Regards,

- Erik

Saulo Vallory

ungelesen,
12.05.2012, 12:05:1112.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Ok, but can I safely move osxfuse to /user/local/osxfuse and add it to the PATH?

Benjamin Fleischer

ungelesen,
12.05.2012, 12:17:5612.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saulo,

Am 12.05.2012 um 18:05 schrieb Saulo Vallory:

> Ok, but can I safely move osxfuse to /user/local/osxfuse and add it to the PATH?

Sorry, but you can't. libosxfuse*.dylib, libfuse*.dylib and libmacfuse*.dylib have to stay in /usr/local/lib. If you move them to a different location OSXFUSE/MacFUSE file systems will not find the libraries and therefore will not work at all. Modifying the PATH variable won't help because the path to those libraries is hard coded in the file system binary at build-time.

What formulas are not working for you? As far as I know there are no formulas for OSXFUSE or MacFUSE, so there shouldn't be any conflicts, in theory.

Regards,
Benjamin

Saulo Vallory

ungelesen,
12.05.2012, 13:24:1412.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benjamin,

Actually I know that mongodb formula, and some others, won't compile. I'm setting up my new mac, so I want to get everything working, if I don't actually need mongodb right now.

I'm trying to create a brew formula for osxfuse. Fuse4x has one, but since I've read your email, and know the story, I really don't want to use it. It should be simple, but I couldn't compile osxfuse manually yet. I'm getting the following error:

Running autoreconf...
configure.in:77: warning: macro 'AM_ICONV' not found in library

can you help with that? I have little experience compiling stuff.

Saulo Vallory

ungelesen,
12.05.2012, 13:40:5012.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Just for clarification. Not having a formula is exactly the problem. Homebrew is kinda obsessive (personally, I think it's a design flaw) and it complains when there are files in /usr/local/lib not managed by it.

Error: Unbrewed dylibs were found in /usr/local/lib.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

The same error occurs for .la, .pc and static library files.

As asking them to change this behaviour seems unrealistic or, at least, a long road, I decided to create a formula for osxfuse.

Regards,
Saulo

Benjamin Fleischer

ungelesen,
13.05.2012, 12:13:1713.05.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saulo,

Am 12.05.2012 um 19:24 schrieb Saulo Vallory:

> I'm trying to create a brew formula for osxfuse. Fuse4x has one, but since I've read your email, and know the story, I really don't want to use it. It should be simple, but I couldn't compile osxfuse manually yet. I'm getting the following error:
>
> Running autoreconf...
> configure.in:77: warning: macro 'AM_ICONV' not found in library
>
> can you help with that? I have little experience compiling stuff.

Which version of Mac OS X and Xcode are you using? If you installed autoreconf and friends though a package manager like Homebrew or MacPorts try installing gettext.

Am 12.05.2012 um 19:40 schrieb Saulo Vallory:

> Just for clarification. Not having a formula is exactly the problem. Homebrew is kinda obsessive (personally, I think it's a design flaw) and it complains when there are files in /usr/local/lib not managed by it.
>
> Error: Unbrewed dylibs were found in /usr/local/lib.
> If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems when
> building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.
>
> The same error occurs for .la, .pc and static library files.

NTFS-3G installs libntfs-3g*.dylib and libublio.dylib in /usr/local/lib. I haven't used homebrew before but I assume that those libraries might be a problem, too.

Regards,
Benjamin

Antony Wu

ungelesen,
18.08.2012, 00:41:2218.08.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Saulo,

How did this go? I am torn between having OSXFuse installed at all vs keeping brew doctor happy.

Saulo Vallory

ungelesen,
19.08.2012, 18:03:2819.08.12
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Eventually I gave up. I couldn't compile  osxfuse manually and ended up using Paragon's NTFS for Mac OSX.

Abs,

Saulo Vallory

Software Architect and Web Strategist

+55 21 8131-0876
www.saulovallory.com

LinkedIn Twitter Google Talk/m...@saulovallory.com

Stephen Benner

ungelesen,
16.04.2014, 19:37:2816.04.14
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com

Adolfo Peccin

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 22:55:2012.05.14
an osxfus...@googlegroups.com
This fixed the possible use of Paragon NTFS and Homebrew together?

How should I execute this and is reversible? Thanks!
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten