Transporter Desktop

Chris Jones

Sep 27, 2016, 10:24:06 AM9/27/16
to OSXFUSE
Hello all, first post... Question:

Does Transporter Desktop depend on FUSE for macOS to work properly?

After updating to Sierra, my Transporter Sync device is not working. It keeps trying to "install a helper tool"

Thank you for any comments

Sam Moffatt

Sep 27, 2016, 10:47:56 AM9/27/16
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Transporter Desktop 4.2.3 is working properly for me on Sierra after upgrading on two machines. It does use OSXFUSE, it used to be on Fuse4X but I guess they switched over at some point. It seems to be working for me though I can’t comment on if a clean install would fail. I’d double check with the app developers as there seems to be a similar comment on their forums of it not working properly.

If you’re not on the latest version, perhaps try upgrading first?

Cheers,

Sam

Chris Jones

Sep 27, 2016, 11:32:02 AM9/27/16
to OSXFUSE
Thanks for taking the time to reply Sam.

Are you running FUSE for macOS 3.5.2? (found in syst prefs panel).

Transporter was working in Sierra for me but I think updating FUSE may possibly have caused this...

Sam Moffatt

Sep 27, 2016, 11:37:36 AM9/27/16
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Those boxes are on old versions, it’s possible Transporter is attempting to install an earlier version over the top and that is failing. Perhaps check the Console app for logs and work with Drobo to figure out if they have a bug.

Skyler Bock

Oct 14, 2016, 1:11:37 AM10/14/16
to OSXFUSE
If you haven't already, contact Transporter support, they have a version with Sierra support.

Chris Jones

Oct 16, 2016, 11:14:40 AM10/16/16
to OSXFUSE
The new version they had is broken. I've been told that an update is pending next week.